Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

FS9 Error?

Guest magnum_force

Dude,I have seen this topic covered over and over again. It is on about every forum you log onto. I have never seen this on my computer, and I dont recall the fix, but its here on the forums. Its a setting, just dont know which one. Tracking it down with the search function sometimes helps, but you might get lucky and get Reggie to reply. He will know.You certainly have a cool computer with great specs.So, that cant be it.I run two gigs of ram and 256 megs on board video. If my computer gives me that B.S. I would be tempted to give it the Elvis treatment, a 357 slug right through the center.(That is what Elvis did to many television sets in Las Vegas.)

I would be tempted to give it the Elvis treatment, a 357 slug right through the center.Not a bad idea. I ended up finding some little free program online that frees up your RAM. It really did speed up my system. Anyways, I let it run for about 30 seconds and problem solved. It just started last night, and this is about the 3rd time I've seen it. If it means running this little utility every time I wanna run FS, then so be it. It speeds up my sim anyways. :)

Guest jgreth123

>I would be tempted to give it the Elvis treatment, a 357>slug right through the center.>>Not a bad idea. I ended up finding some little free program>online that frees up your RAM. It really did speed up my>system. Anyways, I let it run for about 30 seconds and problem>solved. It just started last night, and this is about the 3rd>time I've seen it. If it means running this little utility>every time I wanna run FS, then so be it. It speeds up my sim>anyways. :)Very strange. Last night I crashed from this twice as well.I have my 4GB swap file and 2G of dual channel memory. Prior to last night I have never had this since ... PMDG 747 version 1 was out and the bug was 'discovered'.I thought it was odd too, because I was flying in a part of Glacier Bay 2 that I haven't been in before. I thought it was the area because I was flying with a friend and he crashed from the SAME ERROR too. 15 minutes apart. We both accepted it as maybe an error in the scenery so we flew again this time avoided the area and flew further north. We both crashed AGAIN with the same problem.What did we both have in common?We both were flying in Glacier Bay 2.0We both were using ActiveSky 6.5We both were using FSInnSince I notice you have ActiveSky up.... I wonder if it's something to do with that.I've put thousands of hours on my sim and last night was the first time ( prior to the 1 episode w/ PMDG 747 V1 ) I've seen this.Coincidence?

Trans_27 Pilot ChaseNot a bad idea. I ended up finding some little free program online that frees up your RAM. It really did speed up my system. Anyways, I let it run for about 30 seconds and problem solved. It just started last night, and this is about the 3rd time I've seen it. If it means running this little utility every time I wanna run FS, then so be it. It speeds up my sim anyways.What's the program?JimCYWG

Hi Jim! Google MaxMem. It runs in the toolbar, and it constantly monitors your ram. Everytime you want to free it up, just click on the toolbar icon. Takes my pc about 45 seconds or so.