Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edgarml

FS9 files repair

Guest Edgarml

Hi.I have 7 programs installed for my FS9, and i wonder if there is a way to confirm that the original FS9 files are still installed, or if some of them are missing, without having to remove and re-install FS9.ie: some sound files from FDC Alive does not work in my FS9.Thanks for any help.Edgarml

I have a "dir" of a fresh install, I suppose you could do a "dir" on your current installation and use a word processor's "compare files" function to compare the two directories. A lot of work though, I would imagine. It's here if you want it, but it was "taken" prior to installing the 9.1 update:http://www.cat-tamer.com/downloads/fs9-frsh.zipAre there any specific folders that you believe may be messed up?Take "Gauges" for example, you could refresh your gauges directory by extracting MSGAME3.CAB to a temporary folder and then copying everything from the resulting "...TemporaryGauges" folder over to your existing "...FS9Gauges" folder. Answer "yes" to overwrite all. This will give you fresh, unadulterated copies of all your default gauges, and will also add any that may be missing, without messing up any add-on gauges you may have installed.Textures or whatever could be done the same way, it's just a matter of knowing which .cab file on which disk contains the files you need. You'll need some kind of disk directory so you can find what you need, I have one here:http://www.cat-tamer.com/downloads/FS9_disk-directory.zip...or, there's one in the library done up on an Excell spreadsheet.I think I'd uninstall the 9.1 update first if you get to messing around in the scenery or modules folders, then reinstall it again after you're done.Jim