Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

Sound stuttering

Hi there.When using FS2002 sound have started stuttering - mainly when flying throug clouds and other heavy stuff like etc landing. The stuttering does not concern the FPS performance but makes the flight annoying for instance AI controllers. The stuttering seem to stop when I am looking out of the sidewindows (in PS A32x)I have XP pro, 2.4 Ghz, Gerforce TI4800, Detonator 40.xAnyone with simular problems and maybe some solutions..?Sincerly Michael

Guest SlimDady

when having osund problems maybe you should post what soundcard you have??? no??anyway if you have onboard osund that could be the source of the problem

Guest RSmith

Michael,I do believe several of us have run into something - recently & yet defined or resolved. Stuttering on my system started about a month ago - no updates or system changes at the time. My stutter occurs (usually) just in climb out - near cloud layer - and "only" involves ATC communication (both from the aircraft pilot, and ATC's response). The stutter occurs at the end of a sentence (usually) - and repeats the last part of a word 5-8 times rapidly, then stops. Guages are affected when the stuttering occurs. Departure & approach - most often - rarely on the ground.One posted sollution - worked for one system that I'm aware of - was to delete your FS2002.cfg file, and let FS2K2 rebuild that file fresh, upon next load (and, of course, you need to reset all your sliders & settings). That cure did not work for me.Additionally, I have removed, defragged, and reloaded FS (3) times - no change at all. I even removed my (2) adds (Flightdeck & FSUIPC) - and stuttering still occurs. Scandisk, DxDiag. all clear - no conflicts showing on system, all harware showing "performing normally".Weird thing is - it only affects this one source of sound - ATC communications - in FS only. All other sounds - in FS & other programs - work fine ???All drivers updated - and BIOS flashed successfully - no avail.I'm on an "old" system: PIII800133mghz, ASUS P3V133, 512 ram, SBLiveValue, GeF2GTS32meg...... Ancient - Huh ! Hope you are able to locate something..... I'm about out of guesses !Ron

Guest hoohah

Anecdotally, I noticed that the stuttering was happening with some sets of FSW clouds at certain times, and it got worse with successive Detontator driver versions. I've kept the FSW clouds and rolled back to the 29.42 detonators (I think the 30.82's were ok too). I haven't had any stuttering problems since, that I can remember. I have on-board sound also, and I think that there is a bus conflict in later versions of the Detonators (could be DMA related)...just a guess, and as I said I have not done a rigorous scientific study of the matter.- T Edwin (hoo)

Guest RSmith

Thanks for the insight - and - Cure !!I went back to the 30.82 driver, and everything back to normal. And, frames went from averaging around 18-20 with the `ol 29.42's (my settings - no benchmark intended) - up to holding an easy 24-26 with the 30.82's - actually better than I was getting with the newest drivers...... Obviously the stutter was caused by a driver conflict with my prehistoric system !Thanks !!Ron

HiI am desperately looking for help and a solution, I am experiencing crackling distorted noises in Flight Simulator 2002. This only occurs when you enter thick clouds, it