Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Best CRJ addon?

Guest over and out

Who makes the best CRJ addon?I see Wilco has a CRJ. Any opinions on this addon would be appreciated.Thanks.

Guest kickin_chicken

Precision Aircraft Design has a great series of FREE CRJ700 and CRJ900 series aircraft. http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/premaircraft/Also, you can use the POSKY CRJ900, although I did get another panel for this aircraft, and it's really an FS2002 aircraft (cannot change payload, for example). You can get some nice panels in the file library or from fsimzone.com or fsimcafe.com, or any number of flight sim sites.

The Wilco CRJ is the best one currently available. If you get both packages you have the CRJ200 as well as the 700 and 900. It's not state of the art by any means (after all it's over three years old now). However, you do get a pretty functional flight deck with an FMS, which IMHO makes it better than the freeware alternatives. Like I said though, it's showing it's age now, and the EFIS displays in the panel lack any anti-aliasing, so they look pretty horrible if you are used to the more recent addons that feature glass cockpits. The other problem is repaints for the Wilco/FT model are harder to find than rocking horse poo. There was a site that hosted lots of repaints, but it disappeared some time ago and most of the repaints with it!If you are prepared to wait Digital Aviation are working on a new CRJ. If their previous work is anything to go by it will be a winner!

Guest over and out

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to get the Wlico version based on your description. I don't want to spend 30+ bucks on something that sounds that outdated, especially when I am used to the Level-D and PMDG products.Thanks!

Guest over and out

Thanks for the info, I'll consider these.

Hi,I still use the Wilco/Feelthere CRJ200 and ERJ PIC, I like them both.but if the truth be known, I use the CRJ more.I was wondering though about this other one thats coming out, does anyone have any info on it, or a link to their web site.Thanks.

Guest kickin_chicken

Get the freeware ones I listed earlier from Premiere Aircraft Design. Simple install, nice looking aircraft, good panels (no real FMC) and easy on framerates. This will hold you over until the Digital Aviation version comes out. I don't fly CRJ's enough to justify buying one so I'm very happy with the freeware ones. Good luck!Derald

Guest over and out

Thanks, I look into them