Sign in to follow this  
jfri

FS9 crashes twice at the same point in the same flight

I made a flight from KBFI to KHIO in the Carenado C182RG with FSPassenger. I have now made it twice and in both cases it crashed during the same point which is after landing and after I have left the runway. Is this pure coincidence? Or can my setup be badly configured? I have UT USA and FZ02 portland and FSGenesis mesh. The crash starts with the screen going black and then the computer tries reading both harddrives and CD units and then a message that FS9 has encountered a problem and needs to be terminated. After this I made a short circuit from KHIO and that didn't crash FS9.I haveAsus A8V deluxe mbAthlon 64 3200+ cpu1 Gb RAMNVIDIA 6600GT 256M DDR3 video cardWin XP home

If it crashes at the same point, I'd say it's caused by a bad scenery file. Not sure how to fix it. Maybe someone smarter than me can help.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest SimonR

This can be caused by AI Traffic problems. Try setting AI traffic to 0% and see if it still happens. There can be problems with not enough of the right type of gate at the airport to cater for all the planes. This type of problem is time of day dependent. If the airport is nearly empty then no problem, if it's full the problem.If this is the problem, you can use AFCAD to add more parking.Simon

Someone once said, "duplicate AFCAD's can cause a crash." I've never had this problem but searching for this sympton has led me to find defective scenery files that did cause a constant crash. One near Havana and one near Orlando. The crash happens about 60 miles from the defective scenery file. Just about the same distance as AI comes into play.Bill

I had a similar problem a few years back were FS9 would CTD at the same point on a flight. My problem turned out to be a bad scenery file. If you have a copy of Flight Sim Manager, try running the scenery dianogics program. It may detect and correct your error.Tom

Tom,Do you know who makes the Flight Sim Manager software you are speaking of? Where can I get a copy of that?Thanks,Eric

Guest kingairvols

BillThanks for your time.1. I had the same problem after muliple pay and free ware add ons. I am not sure how to get and install AFCAD. IF I did install must I search through different airports to adjust or (I hope) is there a "fix all" version that will "auto install".I realyy am a low tech person but as soon as a read the comments you stated I guess I feel like it might fit. Thank you.Mark.OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM GeForce 7800GS 256 MB w/ DDR3 running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a,GeForce FX 5200 128MB 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

HiI think this is a scenery problem UT portland and Genesis is "not a good combo " !! search for patches ,use flightsim manager , scanafd .Try a default scenery flight /same flightplan.

Mark, There are actually two ways to find duplicate AFCADS. The AFCAD2 program itself will list all the afcads for the particular airport you're interested in. The active airport will be the first listed. There is also a program available here on AVSIM called ScanAfd. I find the ScanAfd program very useful because it allows deleting, and renaming the AFCAD files on the fly. If you play around with FS9 enough You'll find your status as Low Tech moving up to, let's say, medium Tech at least. Bill :-hah

Eric - I believe Flight Sim Manager it is available from this web site. There is a date problem with the software and unless you can find the patch, you will need to set your system clock back to August 2006. There is a patch on the web, I believe I found it on the VOZ Web site that modifies the software so the system does not need to be reset.Tom