Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobie1244

Recording Flight Sim Video Solutions...

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hey all,I was wondering if you can direct me to some recommendations for recording video of flight sim in action. From what I understand, I need a video card with S-Video out or a Composite video out fed into a VCR or other recording device. The other option is a video card that captures the video directly. Do you have suggestions on what card to look into. I want one that will be able to record with favorable frame rates in the 20-30 range. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.Jeff "AV8RFOOL" Smith

Guest Kobie1244

This is what I do......I have a computer that has an S-Video out (ATI Radeon 9700),and I feed that into another computer with a capture utility. This computer carries a GeForce4 TI 4600. I would definitely say if you only have one computer, to get the Radeon 9700 Pro. The picture quality is good, and it has the VIVO capabilities that you would need.overviewRedefine the word Ultimate. The ALL-IN-WONDER

Guest AV8RFOOL

Kobie,Thanks for your response. I have been eyeing the 9700, but I was worried about driver issues that ATI in past has been famous for. Also the price tag is a bit higher then what I wanted to spend and it requires a 300W power supply to run the board (Which I currently don't have). Was setup on your system pretty painless? Are there other people out there using this card? How does it compare to the All In Wonder 8500DV? Again, thanks for your comments in advance.Jeff "AV8RFOOL" Smith

Guest AV8RFOOL

Bumpty.. Bump.. Bump..

Just search in the forumsI havn't got one yet:-),Ive been waiting for the fx. But from what Ive been reading I am seriously thinking about buying the 9700 instead.Try the pc hardware forumFloyd

Guest AV8RFOOL

Thanks Floyd. I forgot all about the Hardware forum. Jeff "AV8RFOOL" Smith

Guest Kobie1244

>Was setup on your >system pretty painless? Jeff,The card that I have came with the computer that I bought. I have a 3 ghz P4. The card is awesome.... and I havent had any issues with the drivers. Everything went well for me...... but then again, it came with the computer..... I didnt have to install anything.Here is a shot for you to see......(resized from 1600dpi to 600 dpi)