Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpower

No traffic at EBAW Antwerpen please help

Guest tpower

Hello all,went to EBAW...trees on the runway & no traffic. Downloaded ADG Afcad... trees gone, but no traffic. Downloaded Robert Buyssens EBAW 2004, installed it and his Afcad too... nice airport but NO traffic. Can anyone help me out here? I do not have NL2000 installed or any Belgium VFR. (I have only EBBR and EBOS addons). I've had this problem since I installed fresh, thought now I know a bit more I'd see if it could be fixed? Plese help?bedankt,Cheers,Tosh:-hmmm

Hi Tosh,Judging by the way you have formulated your problem I must assume that you do not have very much experience with FS9 AI traffic so I will try to start from the beginning. I must also assume that you have in fact seen active AI aircraft on other FS9 standard or addon airports.The standard FS9 EBAW airport should at least have some standard AI aircraft calling there according to the contents of the standard Traffic030528.bgl file located in the FS9/Scenery/World/scenery folder but this traffic is not very intense. This same standard AI traffic sould then also be active on your addon EBAW airport but should now follow your addon AFCAD taxiways etc. Here are some things you could try:Place your aircraft somewhere in the parking area of EBAW, change to external view and then change the time and/or the date via the "World" drop down menu. Pan around to see if any AI parked aircraft have appeared. No, do the same again .... and again.If this doesn't help in any way then you should check the contents of your active EBAW AFCAD file to see if parking spaces are in fact present. Also check that the addon AFCAD (AF2_EBAW.bgl) file is present within your EBAW scenery folder.Hope this helpsHans

Guest tpower

Thanks Hans,but I have extensive experience with TTools, Afcad and traffic. That's why I'm posting... normally I would figure this out myself. The AF2 is good.... I checked it with Afcad. I have a load of traffic (like VLM) which fly to EBAW. The fightplans are good.. I decompiled and checked them. It seems my EBAW is a "black hole"!!! I have traffic at EBBR, EBOS, Koksijde and so on... but nothing happens at Antwerp! I don't have the standard traffic file anymore. I have over 450 hand made traffic_ files (with WoAI and PAI), so please if you might see, there is something very wrong with my EBAW. I even checked the co-ordinates and altitude with afcad vs. my "collect airports" list and all seems to correspond.Well you see my problem? Perhaps it's a defect on my original FS9 discs... I have not encountered this elsewhere in the FS9 world.Thanks for your advice anyway,Cheers,Tosh:-)

Hi Tosh,You could try the following:Create a short AI flight plan with TTools for a slow flying aircraft like a Cessna with destination EBAW.Take off together with it and follow it to see what happens especially during it's approach and after landing.It's quite difficult but it can be done with some practice. See to it that "Show aircraft labels" is switched on so you can follow more easily.Post the result and we can proceed further from there.Is there a single file: AP949130.bgl (.bgl extension) present in your FS9/Scenery/EURW/scenery folder ? Take care because a lot of these files look alike. Is there another AP949130 file present but with a different extension ?Do you have the Netherlands NL2000 scenery installed ? Are there any associated flatten switches (3) present in your scenery.cfg file ?The normal EBAW airport elevation should be 39 feet or 11.887 meters.RegardsHans

Guest tpower

Ha! Thanks Hans!Following your comments I decided to replace my AP949130.bgl (286kb) with the original (302kb) from my FS9 discs. Problem solved. I now have my VLM traffic. Perhaps I had a corrupt installation? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That's why I come to the Avsim foum for help: there is always someone who can look at a problem with fresh eyes.Thank you again; I'm very gratefulGreetz,Tosh:-wave