Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

Changing flight number?

Hi there, I was wondering this for a while, is there a way that you can chage the flight number of an aircraft witout having to reload the aircraft as I like to do flights to somewhere, do a turnaround and fly back with the aircraft as it is.Any help would be much appreciated.Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Hmmm, I'll bump this and give it a second chance of getting an answer - I'd like to be able to do this also but I think it may not ne possible...Geoff

Guest PARADISE

I do not believe it's possible to do in FS9, however you can pause the sim,load the new flight # and flight plan...then when asked, "Do you want to start at location" (or something like that) simply enter "no". The airplane will then have your new flight number and flight plan but will still be parked at the same location on the tarmac with the same payload before you paused the sim. You may have to adjust your time by the amount of time it took to make the changes,usually 5 min. or so, and you're all set.John M

Thanks for the tip. I do load a saved flightplan and say no to "start at location" but I was unaware that it was possible for the flight number to be stored in the flt file... I'm assuming that is what you mean rather than changing the flt number through the aircraft menu - that has the effect of re-setting many things on the panel and for this reason is unacceptable in this context... I'll investigate further.Cheers,Geoff