Sign in to follow this  
Guest trulsismann

AA not working?

Guest trulsismann

Hi everyone, i can't get AA to work.I have turned it off in FS and turned it on with the driver, and the other way around. But whatever I do it looks like this:(Attachment)Have anyone got a solution?Thanks in advanceTruls

Hi,A typical "reinstall the drivers" issue IMO. :-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest trulsismann

Thanks. Did i have to clean up the old driver using driver cleaner or summat or can i just install the new one on top?EDIT: found a guide that had a link to a "driver cleaner" but it cost $10 and I'm not paying just to get rid of a driverAnyway, i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but still no luck.

do you have nvidia drivers? turn them on in the game via the checkbox, and select override application and select whatever x's settings you want

Guest trulsismann

Well, it makes things a little bit better, but not as good as i remember it..Something else i could do, some .CFG tweaks or anything?

What OS are you using and which video card do you have? nVidia drivers are a mess since there's a slew of different versions, most of which are beta and few work properly. About the only thing you can do is try a different set of drivers and hope for the best.cfg tweaks won't usually improve D3D settings that need the control panel to activate. Try turning on AA within FS9, and check "enhance the application" setting in the control panel. Every time you install drivers, you have to go back into the control panel and reset the options to your preferred settings. Regards,Jim Karn

Guest trulsismann

I'm using Nvidia 6800 on WinXP.Where did you find that "enhance application" setting? Do you know about any "working" driver?

I'm on Vista and have an 8800GTS. The latest beta, 158.43 seems to be the best so far. The 6 series cards may not have that setting.Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest trulsismann

I can only find a 158.22, is it the same thing?God, I'm looking forward to installing Vista and formatting this old wreckage of a computer. Stuffed with 60GB of useless crap :-).

Those are for 8 series cards like the 8800's and 8600's. The latest WHQL driver for your card are these: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.htmlThere are some beta drivers available from guru3d.com, but with an older card, you're probably better off with those I linked to. Newer does not necessarily equate to better :-hmmmThere is no magic cure for driver woes. Try a couple of drivers until you find one that appeals to you and produces the effect you're looking for.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest adameke777

Just as a curiosity, I would like to report a similar problem after installing Catalyst 7.4 (ATI Radeon 9600 128 MB). I literally had to jump through the hoops to get rid of the "jaggies" and nothing would help (FS AA, driver AA at different settings). The only way I would get it to work was by changing the full screen resolution in FS display options and going full screen. After going back to window mode the AA would work fine. However, upon firing up FS next time, I would have to go through the same process again (change full screen res., go full screen, go back to window). Since I was not going to put up with this, I ended up installing Catalyst 7.3 (without using Driver Cleaner).Adam