Sign in to follow this  
cougar2501

What the #### is going on ????

After updating FSX to service pack 1, when I go to use my FS9 I now find that my PMDG load managers will not work, also my FS2crew centre will not work and my Active Camera has been reduced back to demo mode ??When you click on either of the two PMDG 747 / 747F load managers the message " Fatal Error can not detect a valid microsoft flight simulator installation" come up on screen.For FS2Crew,when using the crew centre, if you select either of the LDS767 or PMDG 747 tabs the message " FS2Crew levelD 767 edition not detected.Funtctions on the tab will be INOP" ( same for 747 )And to top it all my active camera installation has reverted beck to demo mode ?????FS9 is flying fine, so what is going on ??? HELP !!( I will also post this message in the FSX forum )

Phil Densley

what you describe looks like the FSX SP1 installer hijacked the registry information for FS9.give this a shot from flight1 http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library -FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) - This tool will repair your FS9 registry so that the EXE Path is valid. Many times certain applications use this path. If it is invalid, some programs may not work.oh, use at your own risk. i'm not responsible if doing this causes problems for you, your computer, family, dog, cat, city, state, country or the world.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest DK8290

Similarly, when I uninstalled FSX to reinstall it again + Service pack 1, active camera in FS2004 was now as a demo even though I paid for it years ago.

Yep, same here!My MSFS9 "basic" keyboard assignments changed, CH Yoke/rudders inop, GoFlight throttles bad,FSUIPC assignments wrong, everything had to be reassigned/recalibrated.It was a real mess!Cannot understand why or how FX installation could muck around with the FS9 files!I will have to read up on this ... would not want to go through all that again.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Just an FYIWhen I un-installed the FSX demo my FS9 Active Camera stopped working and went to demo mode. I tried entering my saved registration number again in the registration box by copying and pasting in the space provided and the Camera wouldn't activate. I then decided to enter the numbers manually and backspaced the cursor to erase the numbers.The Camera activated when the cursor got to the last number in the sequence.

I tried manually entering my reg numbers about 40 times without any success. I am really ticked off that FSX has to mess up a perfect FS9 install. I also tried running the Flight1 reg fix tool, but makes no difference. Anyone else get Active Cam working??? I've already purchased it twice over the past two years, so I am not going to do that again. I would contact the Dev, but I think I have read that they never get back to you anytime soon. I don't even bother running the sim unless active cam is present. Your help is appreciated. Sorry for the rant, but I'm extremely angry about this issue.

Guest Callmecapt

FYI, if you had to reinstall Active Camera for whatever reason, your old serial number will not work. The program generates a different authorization number every time it is installed. You'll have to email Serge at A Camera with your new authorization number and he will email you back a registration number. I had a hard drive crash about 3 weeks ago and had to reinstall ACamera. I emailed Serge and he promptly sent me a new registration serial number the next day.Goran

Guest Coneman

Sorry I can't offer any help either, it's just misery loves company. I just uninstalled the demo after giving up on frame rates, and it screwed up several things. Like others my Active Camera went to demo mode, I have to calibrate my MS Sidewinder everytime I fly, and I lost all the key commands, which I've now fixed.

i think i also lost somethingi lost my fly by facility with Active Camera due to SP1 FSX.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

The funny thing is that the code my system generated when I first installed it long ago is exactly the same. The reg number I entered is the exact one from the original system generated number that serge then sent me my code for, so it should work. I will E-mail them and do hope I get a prompt reply. I didn't even get to the assignments yet, but I have configs already made and ready to go. I just hope my exsisting aircraft add-ons still work properly. Thanks for replying and letting me vent. Sometimes we all need to I guess. :)

JeffIf you still have your original email from Active Camera with the original activation numbers and haven't changed anything try what I did.Copy the numbers in the email using CTRL + C and pasting it in the registration box with CTRL + V. Quoting from the email sent from Active Camera. "Type this number in the authorization dialog box, or to avoid any error copy this long number to the clipboard (press CTRL+C) and paste it in the authorization dialog box (press CTRL+V)".After you do this and your cursor is still blinking in the box, Backspace it one space at a time until you reach the last number in the sequence and note if the Camera activates.I was pulling my hair out after copying and pasting the numbers with no activation when I decided to enter them manually. I was backspacing the cursor to erase the numbers when the camera activated when the cursor got to the last number in the sequence.

Hi Daryll, I was playing around last night, and think I already tried this with no success, but just to make sure, I will give it another go today. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help.

Just another reason why I wont be moving to FSX any time soon. This kind of junk makes me crazy!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I did get a new key from Serge this morning (Very prompt he is indeed). The only problem was, I couldn't get AC to work correctly after that, but after playing around for a while, it seeems OK now. I had a cfg file from another hard drive that had a older version of FS9 with AC installed, so I copied the AC cfg from that. FSX seems to mess with things on FS9's side of the fence, but I guess this is understandable as the two programs are very closely related and Windows doesn't seem to handle that too well. Hey it could be worse.... FS9 would not work at all. As long as the solutions are quick and easy, not harm done. Bottom line.... it is still a pain in the you know what no matter how you look at it. ;)