Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

PMDG raises prices for US customers?

Hello,No hike for people paying in EURO's. People paying in US Dollars are the ones paying the increase.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

If PMDG originally sold the 747 at their site for 54.95 dollars, European buyers would realize the benefit of a favorable exchange rate after a currency conversion into euros. The price you pay would be less than 54.95 euros. If PMDG then decided to sell the 747 at their site for 54.95 euros, then you would not realize the benefit of the favorable exchange rate.I assuming here PMDG used to sell their product denominated in dollars, with the buyer applying exchange rate conversions when necessary.

Hello,Yes, I agree and stand corrected.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

>I was not aware of this - how unfortunate. Count me out if>this is the way it's to be going forward. To me there's a>limit to what any single simulation is worth regardless of>quality.>>regards,>Mark>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpg>PC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB AudigyWithout a doubt I agree. I am solely focusing on the upcoming AirlineXP airbus, PMDG can take a run and jump for theirs !

At this point, it is far cheaper to purchase the cd from another source, than to buy direct from PMDG. They simply changed all the $ signs to euros (boy wasn't that easy)! A very solid business decision (being sarcastic)! And the developers wonder why their products get distributed illegally at times. A very good motto to follow, both in life & in business, "treat people/customers, the way you want to be treated!"I wish I could raise my rates 30%, but I wouldn't have any customers left, if I did.Rickps: Did G. Bush have a hand in this???? He must have a hand out in software development, as he does in the petroleum market.

For reference purposes. This was their price:http://web.archive.org/web/20060220180623/...y=3&idproduct=6But now they are asking http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCar...y=3&idproduct=6This means a price increase for European customers as wel. However to the US customer it seems they get the biggest price increase. But is this realy the thruth? Lets see what it means at the current exchange rate:Europeans used to pay 41 Euro's now they have to pay 55 (14 Euro price increase)Amercans used to pay 55 Dollar now they have to pay 74 (19 dollar price increase)14 Euro converted to dollars comes to 19 dollar.Have a blast with a currency converter but it seems that the price increase is pretty even. ( http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic )So at issue is that PMDG raised its prices across the board. Without mentioning it clearly on their website.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>>>So at issue is that PMDG raised its prices across the board. Without mentioning it clearly on their website.<

Eric 

Wow, what a cynical move by PMDG!You know, I visited their forum for the first time in a long while yesterday to have a look at the announcement the MD-11 will be FSX only. I was struck by just how arrogant some of the PMDG staff came across in their messages.Now we see they have raised their prices across the board, overnight.It seems PMDG are joining the ever increasing ranks of developers who take their customers for granted.I own every single FS9 product of theirs, and I've supported them up until now, but I think I shall be voting with my wallet now.Welcome to the Revolution!

>>I'm sorry guys - we do not allow discussion of our internal business matters in our forum. I did not make the rule and I'm not singling anyone out.Apologies PMDG, but how is product pricing an INTERNAL business matter? If your company is not open to informing customers of the reason for the price-hike in an existing product then it welcomes the simple perception that the company merely wishes to generate additional revenue from its customers abritrarily.Unfortunately the market in which PMDG, Wilco, PSS, etc operate does not contain sufficient direct competition and so consumers are sensitive to the possibility of being taken-for-a-ride by any one company establishing a strong position, particularly where the userbase is price-sensitive. Perhaps the powers that be in PMDG should consider that (as an internal business matter, of course).Rgds,Chris.

OMG, Mike, your black list is growing and growing without control...:-)Best.Miquel Egea.

The prices will continue to increase in the FS addon industry :(. There are people willing to pay twice that amount for the same product :-roll-----------------------------------------Are you REALLY happy with a default FSX? o_0

Peculiar Monetary Development Group.Internal business my you know what.

Mike...

You know, I think more and more people are waking up to the realisation FS addons are not a cottage industry any more.Anyone who asks questions about how commercial developers do business is jumped on by the zealots telling us how these guys come home from a hard day's work and then slave over a computer all night making FS addons for us to enjoy, and they charge just enough to cover their costs. We can't ask them questions like this because they will get upset and stop making stuff for us!Now look just how much payware we have available today. How many commercial developers can you think of from the top of your head? Now I bet most, if not all of them have snazzy professionally designed websites. Most of them have their own product delivery servers and their own piracy protection. Now go down to your local high street or shopping areas. If you're in the UK you'll find lots of FS third party addons for sale in major retail chains like Game and PC World. Go into a big newsagents like WH Smiths and you'll see PC Pilot - a magazine specifically published for the FS hobby!Do you still think FS addons are a cottage industry and this stuff is made in their spare time?Now I'm not saying their is some kind of conspiracy, I just think we should all acknowledge the fact there is a lot more money being made in this hobby than we have hitherto been led to believe. I want to see us hold these vendors to the same standards as any other business we hand our money over to. At the moment we don't hold these guys to the same standards because we are told they are a special case, and we the customers should be *grateful* we can purchase their products.I think our Pounds/Euros/Dollars are increasingly taken for granted.

>Guess what, we aren't the only economy in the world. Until>some of you start to understand that, you won't even start to>have an idea as why this might have happened.That argument might happen to hold some water, if PMDG was a European company. However, they list their business address as being in Nevada. So this is just a "stealth" way to jack up the price for U.S. customers by, at this moment, 35%.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080