Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

PMDG raises prices for US customers?

Guest aarskringspier

>> No lynching just free market at work,>>amazing.>>Yep, a free market comprised more than not, of>cheapskates....>>In other words, a well respected company raises their pricing,>which just needs to happen sometimes; and all of sudden>they're regulated to the "sewers" of sinful developers. This>thread tells it all.>>L.Adamson>I think your attitude tells it all; youve got a serious issue with people seeing things differently than yourself and it angers you. When people resort to calling names theyve got no argument just filth to spew.

Guest PowderBlue

I don't endorse piracy but they sure aren't doing much to bend the curve. I mean honestly every product out there has a pirated "functional" version in one way or another so why would they turn off there customers. It boils down to greed. I'm sorry but your not going to make millions making a product for a simulation program. So you better do it for the love of what you do.

If Rob had just made a freaking thread, seperate from the others explaining the price hike and the switch to Euros the reaction wouldn't have been nearly as bad...a few ###### people, but still at least it would slightly quell the anger. But no, instead PMDG comes out swinging in its usual condescending manner like it does every 6 months with their bi-annual updates on the development on of the MD-11 which we've been waiting for years now. I like the way some other developers do things, one that comes to mind is AXP...they actually enjoy talking about their product, their forum is actually an interesting place of discussion at least.

Guest Bilko

I don't see why anyone even bothers responding to LAdamson. His agenda is clear, on many fronts. A 'one trick pony.'

Come on guys, let's try and keep this discussion civil, otherwise it's going to get locked by the mods.The longer this thread stays open the more people get the chance to voice their opinion!

More than anything I suppose it's the attitude I see here and heard of elsewhere that's turned me off. I'm a pragmatist, a dev can charge whatever they please. and guess what, I can even be sold on a quality expensive product, I actually prefer to make such purchases if I can.But an arrogant 'My prices are up, either pay or get out of my store' kind of attitude? You can keep it. regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Guest daniel.alm

I find it a bit cheesy to raise your price by changing the currency symbol and letting the rest stay the same. This sort of thing IS a trap, whether it was intended to be one or not is another question though.That said, PMDG as a company has the right to increase their prices as much as they want, they operate in a free market after all. And we as the customers have the right to express our opinions and vote with our wallet. I own the 737 NG series and was thinking about purchasing the 747 this week, eventhough I'm not a big fan of long range airplanes. After this situation, I won't be touching it anymore though.I wish them luck for the future, but the way they handled this episode lets a bitter taste in my mouth. And it's not the price that bothers me now, I can easily afford it, but the way they tried to force the price increase without announcing it on their website and their attitude towards their customers while handling this problem in the forum.

Guest N9225N

Why PMDG has had to increase prices in beyond me. When I bought the 744 a year and half ago, I never thought FS Addons would get beyond $60. But why should current owners care anyways, right? If most of us bought it for $54.99. Whats unfortunate is that new buyers have to pay more for without reason or explanation since its the same product. (Unlike a physical product like a car. No extra energy or material is used in producing more, just copy and paste, so logically its not a cost-cover measure)Its understandable that software development costs have increased in the past years. Consumers ask for better graphics, more realism, higher levels of complexity and it all translates to high resource and investment on the part of developers and thus a higher price to customers. I remember when newly released console game sold for $39.99 ,then $50, and now a PlayStation3 goes for $600 and a game for $60. On the other hand. For PMDG to charge 20 dollars more just because they can or should is down right insulting. Also going about the changes in the worst possible way. With no notification of the price increase or even less a why (I bet if it was "SALE" it would have been on the front page), the very LEAST they could have done was put a parenthesis with the converter price or note that it was in Euros (Not everyone notices the symbol difference). But they couldn't even do that! Its just bad business practice. All that can be expected is loss in future profits, alienated customers and a bad reputation. A bit of truthfulness and we all wouldn't be here arguing about it. (Comon now, don't act like a bunch of crooked CEOs... Cough *ENRON* Cough)It would have been just fine to charge $75 from the beginning, I would have still bought it. Its a great product regardless. My only advice would be either find it the original price or don't buy it all. Whether or not I will buy future PMDG products has yet to be decided considering as I won't have a computer good enough to run FSX at enjoyable settings for quite a while. But thats another discussion. Peace,

Guest blaster331

Its mistakes like this that allows brillant new companies to be born!What goes up; Must come downWhat really makes me upset is not releasing the MD-11 for both platforms, Especially after all these years of waitingBest regardsAndrew

Thankfully the free market isn't comprised of a really excited user, otherwise we'd be paying $5000 for addons, whilst perpetually worshipping the developers ;)

If there's consternation now with PMDG, just wait 'till OPEC starts pricing crude oil in Euros !!! Coming sooner rather than later. Cheers Alex Reid

Hadnt noticed they changed it untill now, was about to buy their 1900D - but wont be now - was $15.00 now about $20.00 - why would a company put the price up of an "old" product for everyone - not just US customers? - other than to make money!. I would have bought it in USD converted to GBP (a bargan at todays exchange rates) even in EUR it would have not been a lot - value for money for what the product is.PMDG, this customer has just walked out the "store" without buying due to your unjustified price hike!.

>Thankfully the free market isn't comprised of a really excited user,>otherwise we'd be paying $5000 for addons, whilst perpetually>worshipping the developers ;).............but I don't have a FS9/FSX PMDG product, nor have I yet bothered to download SP-1. However, I still know that many flightsimmers are truly cheapskates! :-lol They'll purchase all these hardware upgrades, and then complain about a product that can be used for several years, because it's now $20 higher.It's simple, if you don't think you'll get several years of use out of this product, then don't buy it ---- like me. But don't spend one's time complaining with so many irrational and absurd excuses, like I see in this thread.L.Adamson

>More than anything I suppose it's the attitude I see here and>heard of elsewhere that's turned me off. I'm a pragmatist, a>dev can charge whatever they please. and guess what, I can>even be sold on a quality expensive product, I actually prefer>to make such purchases if I can.>>But an arrogant 'My prices are up, either pay or get out of my>store' kind of attitude? >>You can keep it.> >regards,>Mark>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpg>PC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB AudigyCouldn't have said it better it's simple for me enough quality stuff out there (which is actually better too) I don't buy from them anymore with that arrogant customer unfriendly attitude and he who cares :-)One more company down the hill... and one on my not to buy list...Cheers,Andr

André

>>Hadnt noticed they changed it untill now, was about to buy>their 1900D - but wont be now - was $15.00 now about $20.00 -> why would a company put the price up of an "old" product for>everyone - not just US customers? - other than to make money!.How about the cost of doing business. Such as bandwidth, advertising, utilities, customer support, attracting new talent, etc, and etc. All of the above, doesn't remain perpetually constant. Just shows how absurd this thread is actually getting! :-hmmm Besides, what's wrong with making a fair and reasonable wage?L.Adamson