Sign in to follow this  
midcon385

RouteFinder

Hi guys,RouteFinder site is down at the moment, as far as I can see. Hope it gets back up soon. Everyone else is seeing this site inop too, right? If someone could just confirm this for me, would appreciate this. The reason I ask is that in the past I've had times where sites were inaccessible even though others had no problems accessing them during the same period.Tim

It didn't work for me either when I just tried it. Hopefully it's back up soon as it's the way I plan my flights!Andy S

Guest ThrottleUp

How do you guys use this service? You can make a flight plan and then it saves as fs9 GPS flight plan?Sorry for all the questions Im just interested how this works :)Thanks!!!!!

>It didn't work for me either when I just tried it. Hopefully>it's back up soon as it's the way I plan my flights!>>Andy SSame here. RouteFinder is one of the most important sites on the net for me.Tim

>How do you guys>use this service? You can make a flight plan and then it saves>as fs9 GPS flight plan?>>Sorry for all the questions Im just interested how this works>:)>>Thanks!!!!!With RouteFinder you enter the departure and the destination airports, the cruise altitude, and accept or check anything else on the page you need to, and then it gives you a route to use. You can then print that page and you'll have the route to enter into your FMC/FMGS. If you want to put it into your FS9 stock flight plan, well, I use FSNavigator to plot out the route. I also make notation of FIR boundaries through FSNavigator as well onto my flightplan. I use RouteFinder for all my flight planning, as it's extremely good quality and very reliable. I hope it gets back up soon.Tim

Have you ever looked into becoming a membver of AOPA? AOPA is a real world flight organization that offers a great North American Flight Planner, magazine, real time weather, and free on line training courses. Although their service/organization is real world, it transfers over to flight simulation very well. If you are taking the extra steps required to make Route Finder work in FS9/X, AOPA may be another great source of information.In addition to the real world data, the past two years they have also added 2 FS9 aircraft, developed by Flight1, free of charge for becoming a member. The two aircraft were a Rockwell Commander 112A and a Cherokee Six.Tom

simroutes will output a datafile that works with FS9.you can create your own route (http://www.eleventhstreet.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspx) or search for already create routes (http://www.eleventhstreet.com/fb2/Showplans.aspx), though i find the route database to be limited.real world flight routes in the USA (and flights beginning or ending in USA) can be collected from flightaware (http://flightaware.com/). you can copy the routing information, paste directly in the simroutes and then output into FS9.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

The problem with the AOPA stuff is that for those of us who are not real pilots, we can't get real weather without a Pilot Certificate Number or Student Medical Number. Unless there is some way around this that I can't find. I was going to sign up, but this seems like a big limitation for virtual pilots. Routefinder does/did a great job of plotting routes for us automatically. It is great for virtual flight planning as the routes were quite good and there often isn't a need for us to plot out routes ourselves. I find that the manual routes I create are no better than the ones generated from the site. Right now I usually use a combo or Routeplanner and pilotfriend.com. I guess I'll have to go back to planning my own routes again for now...

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I am not certain that I understand your statement on weather. I can receive real time by selecting the weather information button from the AOPA web site. Regaional maps, internet types of reports, and METAR. What I can not get is real time weather thats overlays my flight plan without using a third party weather program. I'll take a look a RouteFinder when it is back on line.Tom

Guest Tim W

>Woops, no way. I use "Landings" site to plan my flights;>doesn't cost anything, let alone $80 buckeroonies.>>:D>Doesn't that just give a straight line route between 2 airports though, or am I missing something?Tim