Sign in to follow this  
midcon385

RouteFinder

Why don't you guys download 'FS Navigator'? Its free for the first twenty flight plan then you pay for it. In which time your beloved other site might be back.But then again you will probably like it so much, you want to stay with FSnav?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest aarskringspier

>Why don't you guys download 'FS Navigator'? Its free for the>first twenty flight plan then you pay for it. In which time>your beloved other site might be back.>>>But then again you will probably like it so much, you want to>stay with FSnav?FSNAV is not the best flight planning tool. Its a nice moving map but for flight planning I prefer FSBUILD.

>I am not certain that I understand your statement on weather.> I can receive real time by selecting the weather information>button from the AOPA web site. Regaional maps, internet types>of reports, and METAR.I don't have the program, but according to the FAQ:http://www.aopa.org/flight_planner/faq.html#2Another "problem" with the AOPA planner is that many virtual pilots don't actually want current charts and navdata. I use the RealityXP GPS, so to make my life simple every planning tool I use needs to keep the same database, so I can keep my sanity :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>Why don't you guys download 'FS Navigator'? Its free for the>first twenty flight plan then you pay for it. In which time>your beloved other site might be back.>>>But then again you will probably like it so much, you want to>stay with FSnav?I already have FSNav and have used it for many, many years. However I found that the routes generated from Routefinder were simply the best. Routefinder does/did so many extra things, like if you tried to generate a flightplan through a mountain, it would try to find a better route around the terrain if possible.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Tim W

>I already have FSNav and have used it for many, many years. >However I found that the routes generated from Routefinder>were simply the best. Routefinder does/did so many extra>things, like if you tried to generate a flightplan through a>mountain, it would try to find a better route around the>terrain if possible. Agreed, Routefinder is the best and I wouldnt be without it. If you subscribe you also get added features like modules to be able to import the flight into various FMC's in FS as well such as PMDG and Level D and FSNAV.An invaluable tool and I hope it comes back soon.Timhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Guest Tim W

>FSNAV is not the best flight planning tool. Its a nice moving>map but for flight planning I prefer FSBUILD.Yes, FSNAV is a great moving map display and I use it a lot, I even import my Routefinder flight plans into it. But as a flightplanner itself, it's pretty hopeless. It produces some very strange flight plans!Timhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Is it still down, or it's my ISP?

Also, what you, guys, can say about FSCommander as a flight planner?Thanks.

Guest Northy

Hi,No its still down...Interesting to see what Aerosoft are selling....I've been using it for quite a while...From here.....http://www.danur.com/frontpage/products.htmIts expensive,but very good very realistic,big learning curve though.Regards,Martin.

Just tried the website and its back. Flew long distance SAEZ to KATL yesterday and had to make the plan up in the old fashioned way - took 30 minutes! worked out same route in routefinder this morning and seconds.John

>Hi,>>No its still down...>>Interesting to see what Aerosoft are selling....>>I've been using it for quite a while...>>From here.....http://www.danur.com/frontpage/products.htm>>>Its expensive,but very good very realistic,big learning curve>though.>>Regards,>Martin.Martin, can you pls share your comments and experience about F.0.C. Is it a subscription or a one time deal? Looks very good to me and probably worth the money if it can be also used as a stand-alone flight planner.Thanks.

Guest macman4

I remember using this a while ago, and I'm sure it use to give sids and stars in the free verson. But for some reason I can't get any sids and stars. This is what I got with a FP from Atlanta to Detroit. NAT: Eastbound track message identification is 140NAT: Westbound track message identification is 138SID: can't locate fix BRAVSSID: can't locate fix RESPESID: can't locate fix CADITSID: can't locate fix CARPTSID: can't locate fix COKEMSID: can't locate fix DAWGSSID: can't locate fix DOOLYSID: can't locate fix GEETKSID: can't locate fix JCKTSSID: can't locate fix GUNDESID: can't locate fix JOGORSID: can't locate fix MUNSNSID: can't locate fix SARGESID: can't locate fix NOVSSSID: can't locate fix RAFTNSID: can't locate fix NUGGTSID: can't locate fix PNUTTSID: can't locate fix RMBLNSID: can't locate fix SUMMTSID: can't locate fix THRSRSID: can't locate fix UGAAAComputed route from HARTSFIELD JACKSON ATLANTA INTK7 (KATL, K7) to DETROIT METRO WAYNE CO (KDTW, K5): 15 fixes, 532.5 nautical milesCruise altitude between FL180 and FL240KATL (0.0nm) -SID-> VXV (138.7nm) -V97-> NOISE (155.7nm) -V97->WEEDY (176.6nm) -V97-> LOZ (207.2nm) -V97-> REBEL (251.2nm) -V97->HYK (265.9nm) -V97-> GENUS (288.0nm) -V97-> DARKS (306.7nm) -V97->ZIRKE (316.5nm) -V97-> CVG (329.8nm) -V275-> NEATS (347.8nm) -V275->CAMMS (370.5nm) -V275-> DQN (392.5nm) -STAR-> KDTW (532.5nm)Details:ID FREQ TRK DIST Coords Name/RemarksKATL 0 0 N33

I believe I had the problem you describe using current (default on the page) AIRAC data, but when I bumped it back to the free 0608 cycle I am using in my PMDG 747-400, it worked correctly. You can certainly contact Davide and ask him about it if you don't find a solution yourself.Note: Davide said that they had serious connectivity problems since Sunday but all normal operations now. I had written him to tell him how happy I was to find the site back up!Tim

Guest macman4

Thanks, like I said, havn't used it in awhile and forgot there is support. I'll post back and let you know how it goes. Bob