Sign in to follow this  
Guest razripley

Increasing Airspeed in CFG file

Guest razripley

Ok, here's my problem. I downloaded a Mitsubishi Mu-2 in FS2004. This aircraft should fly close to 300kias. The best mine will do is 212. I have reduced the parasite and induced drag scalar to 0.0 but only gained about 10 to 15 kias. Does anyone know what else I can do to get my airspeed up?

Increase thrust?Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea what Bob says will work. I was having a similar problem with a Dash 8 Q400 and this fixed it. Nudge the figure in bold (example from Q400 below) in small increments.[propeller] thrust_scalar=1.25propeller_type=0propeller_diameter=13.280propeller_blades=6

Guest razripley

I increased my static thrust from 198 to 250. Had no increase in airspeed. I increased my power scalar from 1.0 to 2.0 and still had no increase.

Guest razripley

Thanks for the info. That fixed that probelm, but created another one. I have 3 paints of that plane but that fix only works on the default. And also, how do I increase the max cruise speed. I'm using the King Air panel and the max speed is set at 260kias. Can I adjust that? And how can I get the other paints to work with that fix as well?

Guest ThrottleUp

You need to put all the repaints in the same folder for the least hassle. To give you an idea - I have an Airbus A320 folder with 60 paints inside it.All 60 are connected to the same panel.cfg & aircraft.cfg. So any change you make to those is applied to all 60.Im guessing you have several MU2 planes all in seperate folders.1. You need just one folder - name it Mitsubishi MU-22. Put all the repaint folders into it3. It should contain just one panel folder and one aircraft.cfg4. You need to "tell" the aircraft.cfg about the other paintsLets say (for examples sake) you have 4 MU2s of different colours. Blue, Pink, Green & Purple.The repaint folders will be named:texture.bluetexture.pinktexture.greentexture.purpleSo the beginning of the aircraft.cfg should look like this (note the bold lettering I put to show you how you have to point the plane to its respective reapaint):[fltsim.0]title=MU2 Bluesim=mu2model=panel=sound=texture=bluechecklists=ui_manufacturer=Mitsubishiui_type=MU-2ui_variation=bluedescription=Mitsubishi MU2atc_id=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.1]title= MU2 Pinksim=mu2model=panel=sound=texture=pinkchecklists=ui_manufacturer=Mitsubishiui_type=MU-2ui_variation=pinkdescription=Mitsubishi MU2atc_id=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.2]title= MU2 Greensim=mu2model=panel=sound=texture=greenchecklists=ui_manufacturer=Mitsubishiui_type=MU-2ui_variation=greendescription=Mitsubishi MU2atc_id=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.3]title= MU2 Purplesim=mu2model=panel=sound=texture=purplechecklists=ui_manufacturer=Mitsubishiui_type=MU-2ui_variation=purpledescription=Mitsubishi MU2atc_id=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=Using the example above you can easily sort that problem out and you will find this method very useful. With all paints in one folder any tweaking you do to the panel or aircraft.cfg is instantly applied to all the paints.I hope that helps.

"....and still no increase". In the very next post you say, "that fixed the problem" What did you do inbetween the two post to fix the problem of adding airspeed to yout aircraft? jerrycwo4

Guest razripley

Thats what I had. That took care of the problem. Thanks for the help.

Guest razripley

I had changed alot of things in the cfg file tryin to fix it. I ended up reinstalling the default cfg file and decreasing the parasite and induced drag to 0.7 and 0.6 and I increased the thrust scalar to 1.20 and that puts me right under the max cruising speed. Flies like a top now.

Guest DreamFleet

"This aircraft should fly close to 300kias"NO, it should cruise at around 300 KTAS, or Knots True Airspeed.Actually, 212 KIAS at altitude (25,000'?) sounds about right.MU2s (there are several models) usually do up to about 300 knots TAS at cruise altitude (for the Marquise) not KIAS. If you were indicating 300 KIAS at cruise altitude you would have a TAS well beyond the real performance of the aircraft, somewhere around 450 knots.Cruise speeds for aircraft are always quoted in True Airspeed, not Indicated Airspeed, as IAS always decreases with altitude, thus, up in the flight levels, an aircraft that would cruise at 300 knots, would probably be indicating something in the lower 200-knot range.I just did a calculation, and 212 KIAS at FL 250 would equal 318 KTAS, which is in league with the faster MU2s, and their cruise speeds are quoted in TAS not IAS.Also, do not expect to hit quoted cruise speed at lower altitudes / denser air. I doubt you would ever see an MU2 indicate 300 knots, unless it was in a dive.You may very well have had no speed problem with this aircraft, and may have just turned it into a Lockheed Sabre Liner. ;)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest razripley

The reason I say that. I flew on an MU-2-G a couple weeks ago. According to the airspeed indicator, we were cruising at 340kts at 18,000ft. I didn't ask the pilot is it was TAS or IAS. Thats just what the gauge was reading.

>The reason I say that. I flew on an MU-2-G a couple weeks>ago. According to the airspeed indicator, we were cruising>at 340kts at 18,000ft. I didn't ask the pilot is it was TAS>or IAS. Thats just what the gauge was reading. Any chance it was a GPS ground speed readout?

Guest razripley

It was the airspeed indicator reading. Like I said, I didn't ask if it was true or indicated air speed, but thats what it was showing.

Guest Shalomar

Where did you get that MU2, and does it have a VC???Thanx in advance- Donald :-wave

Guest razripley

I got it from flightsim. MU-2b2.zip.