Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishlakejim

World's dumbest FS9 question...

Guest irishlakejim

I'm a little embarassed to ask this, but is there a way to fire up FS9 and have it load a particular saved flight, therefore bypassing the initial selection screens? I just wondered if I could fire up FS and be dropped straight into the cockpit/flightdeck.Thanks...Jim

Guest jimcooper1

Yes, it's possibleEdit the FS9.cfgUnder the STARTUP sectionSHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=0RegardsJim

Guest irishlakejim

Worked like a champ, Jim ! Thank you.... now how can I get rid of the 'splash' screen that loads? (The picture that says FS 2004/Century of Flight)?Thanks again....

Guest irishlakejim

nope.... but I'll figure it out, maybe. I just want to remove the initial FS 2004 splash screen entirely.Thanks anyway...Jim

Hi,Maybe you could rename the splash screen file with a meaningless extension like ".old" or something else?Regards,Hugo

this is not stupid Q. Its a great Q.BTW.. now, how does the system know what saved flight to load?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Doesn't it load the saved default flight? Haven't tested it properly but that seems to be the case.Regards Pete

Guest irishlakejim

>Doesn't it load the saved default flight? Haven't tested it>properly but that seems to be the case.>>Regards PetePete,You are correct. When you save a flight, if you check the 'default flight' checkbox at the bottom of the save flight window, the next time FS starts, and if you set the SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=0,then this flight will automatically load.I save my flight with a cold and dark cockpit, in position at a gate at my home field, in virtual cockpit, make this the default flight, and then now when I load FS, badda bing, I'm right back in the cockpit ready for engine start.Now can someone PLEASE tell me what the name of the original splashscreen is, and possibly where it is located? I can't seem to find the darn thing !!!JimP.S. Never mind... I found it! The original splashscreen is called dlgsplash.bmp, and it is in the UIRES folder within FS9. I simply renamed it to ORIG_dlgsplash.bmp, and now FS9 loads with no pictures or prompts, and dumps me straight into the flightdeck, ready to start !!Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this...

Guest cloudrider

Hi Jim,You can also navigate to where your .FLT files are (usually My Documents/Flight Simulator Files/) and right click on any .FLT you want, and send to desktop (create shortcut). That will take you directly to your flight. I have MANY of these on my desktop, so I can pick whichever one strikes my mood. Happy Flying!!!

Guest irishlakejim

>Hi Jim,>>You can also navigate to where your .FLT files are (usually My>Documents/Flight Simulator Files/) and right click on any .FLT>you want, and send to desktop (create shortcut). That will>take you directly to your flight. I have MANY of these on my>desktop, so I can pick whichever one strikes my mood. Happy>Flying!!!Great tip, cr. I'll copy you and do the same with a few of my files.I just wish I could now get rid of the little window that shows the progress bar for loading the scenery and textures. Then I'd be all set. I'm running FS in my sim cockpit, and it's just a LITTLE unrealistic to see ANYTHING on the screen during power up, but I guess I'll just have to live with that one.Thanks again...Nice thread.Jim

Guest neslesman

"You can also navigate to where your .FLT files are (usually My Documents/Flight Simulator Files/) and right click on any .FLT you want, and send to desktop (create shortcut). That will take you directly to your flight. I have MANY of these on my desktop, so I can pick whichever one strikes my mood. Happy Flying"Great tip, absolutely great tip.

Guest cloudrider

Thank you Nes. I don't often post much, but sometimes the simplest of tips, need to be posted for others. And to Jim, no question is dumb, everybody can't know everything! :-)