Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

AFCAD general ?

I wanted to check the frequencies used at KFLG (Flagstaf, Arizona).I seen the airport in MSFS9. So it does exist.So I started AFCAD and listed the USA airports. KFLG was not in the list. In fact, the state of Arizona was not in the list to select airports from.So the general question is. Are some airports of the AFCAD type in MSFS9 and some are not?If you cannot select the airport with AFCAD then you are stuck with the MSFS9 default.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Check to make sure the Scenery Library has all the default folders checked as active.It sounds like the folder NAMW is not active - because all the airport data files, object files and navaid files which AFCAD reads and uses to create it's airport display are in that folder. Arizona, California, Utah,,,,,

Guest LeeWang

Reggie, I thought of that, but he indicated that he can go to the airport in FS9... But worth checking...One other thing to try, is to remove the "FileList" file located in the same folder of AFCAD.exe. Then restart AFCAD and let it build a new "FileList" file..Lee

Lee,That did it!I removed the folder, and sure enough, it built the file list again and everything showed up for Arizona.As well as many other airports in Michigan etc. After I posted I went back and found like just KDTW and another airport was listed (in AFCAD) for Michigan! ... I wondered where the others went to ... like the black hole?Funny thing was, when I flew in Arizona (FS9) I could see KFLG in the map view (FS9 flight)!*********What caused the problem with this "list" folder not containing a full list of USA airports?*********I seen a post on the FSX forum about KFLG procedures and when I flew into KFLG I noticed the frequency for the VOR (FLG) was 108.2 in MSFS9. However, my latest approach plate showed 113.85.So I figured I would just use the AFCAD (ver 2.21) to go in and change the frequency.I seldom use AFCAD (I am not a programmer) so I was not sure if I could even change the frequency that MSFS had assigned .. but figured I would try and see what happens.Thanks a lot for both your guys help here.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reggie, I thought of that, but he indicated that he can go to>the airport in FS9... But worth checking...>>One other thing to try, is to remove the "FileList" file>located in the same folder of AFCAD.exe. Then restart AFCAD>and let it build a new "FileList" file..>>Lee

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW