Sign in to follow this  
Guest speecal

Thanks to all for your help..but regretfully it's over ...

Guest speecal

I've done everything all of you suggested from my posted message"fs9 is now crashing to desktop..why" ...now when I try and start fs9...it loads..after I choose the aircraft and location to start and hit "the Fly Now" key....fs9 starts to load....then quits to the desktop...with no messages...simply quits... so my original problem is now worse...thanks for all your help but I'm done with all this senseless tweaking and uninstalling-reinstalling..etc..etc..is just ruins the whole experience of Flight Simulation...all I want to do is fly and because of some stupid mistake I've made adding something or other fs9 will no longer work...it's just not worth the effort to keep this program running properly...thanks again...good luck to all

I would spend like $60, get a brand new HD and install XP & FS.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

If you decide to try FS9 again, here is the link to Microsoft support for instructions on how to completely remove FS9 from your system. This might help you get a clean reinstall.I know that this program is aggravating to keep running, I have reinstalled it three times in the past three years because of either some add on program messing things up or even some other unrelated program on my system corrupting a FS9 shared file. But it's like a drug to me, I keep coming back for more. One bonus, I've become far more adept at maintaining my computer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846 :-newburn Kim

Guest Mike_Luchia

I am not familiar with your first post on the problems you have been having, but have you tried just renaming the fs9.cfg file and letting it build another one? Also, does the default flight load up ok? If so then I would suspect one of the addons you have installed.

I had this happen to me once. I had uninstalled a payware Kingair, and it deleted the gps.dll, or something similar. I reinstalled it again to get the dll back, then made a backup. It's amazing one little thing like that can tail spin your sim.Sorry you have had no luck,Scott

Good luck speecal. I know the feeling. Stopped simming for a year once myself. I know run just a basic system.FS9Flight enviormentFSmetarThe MADDOGThat's it.JimCYWG

Guest over and out

I also understand. At one time I had many-many freeware addons and eventually FS9 became so buggy that I was forced to do a complete reinstall. Now I just add well known addons and keep it really clean.

Format drive. Reinstall. Problem goes away. What's so frustrating about that ?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Mesa

I agree, who amongst us has never had to reinstall FS before?Just reinstall from scratch and I promise you'll be good to go again. You can also download all the very latest versions of your addons and you'll have a brand new sim. Or throw your PC away and take up knitting.

No problems here with reinstalling. I had a famous 'click' sound and freeze in my HDD only when playing FS initially. I reformatted/reinstalled XP and FS about three times and oh boy that first flight was smooth again! Only after a minute of 15 'Click" and FS froze. So I guess it was my HDD itself acting up and going AWOL. So I send the Maxtor DiamondMax 10 back to Seagate for a replacement HD. I'm waiting for the door bell to ring so to speak :)But this experience made me think about setting up FS. Perhaps I do a dual install, one clean install for pure flying and one to fool around with all kinds of ad dons. What can you do If you both like flying and are curious to what people develop!? Anyway I have no problems getting rid of a buggy program and reinstalling it..Wish you all the best! Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"Edited for buggy english ;)

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

The problem is a missing or wrong CFG file in one of your aircraft.It's time consuming but you have to open and check each and every CFG file in each of your aircraft.Any reference to a missing paint scheme in the aircraft.cfg or same title in different aircraft.cfg,or missing sound.cfg or sound.cfg pointing to invalid sound pathor missing panel.cfg or panel.cfg pointing to invalid panel alias path,or... Oh well... I think you understand.I had the same problem some time ago, and the problem was a sound.cfg that was pointing to an non-existand folder. I had removed the sounds but forgot to edit the related sound.cfg.Also, move ALL the add-on DLLs from the module folder to a safe place and start adding them one by one.If any of the DLLs causes the problem (it is likely) you will locate it this way.Good luck!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest PARADISE

Just a question for future reference...if you delete the FS9cfg. file and let it rebuild on start up, wouldn't it "repair" any faulty files? Or is it still possible to have corrupt cfg. files after doing this?I too keep all my add-on DLLs in a seperate folder. It makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot.John M

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Unfortunately FS will only recreate a correct FS9.cfg, not the individual cfg files for the a/c or scenery.So, even after deleting fs9.cfg the problem may still exist.There are 4 possible bad cfg files1. Scenery.cfg, but errors in here are reported during loading, so it will not cause a CTD like the one described.2. Aircraft.cfg in each aircraft's folder. If two different aircraft.cfg files contain the same 'title', this may lead to problems, but ussually these are one of the two aircraft not being visible.3. wrong or missing panel.cfg. This will not report any error... It MAY simply crash or just load the plane without any visible panel! Wrong meaning that the panel is aliased to another panel of another aircraft, but the path does not exist.4. wrong or missing sound.cfg. Same behaviour as a wrong panel.cfg, but instead of no sound, 99% of the time FS will CTD without warning.And then there are the dlls but that's another story.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest Mike_Luchia

DTX cloud textures without Render to Texture checked?

anything in the event log?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg