Sign in to follow this  
Guest speecal

Thanks to all for your help..but regretfully it's over ...

Guest speecal

Ok....again..many thanks to all who have replied with your suggestions and support..I really appreciate it...I'm glad to say I'm back with FS9...I uninstalled FS9...I believe the problem was with my add-on scenery folder so I removed all my Add-on Scenery before reinstalling...FS9 did load properly and now I'm slowly adding my favorite add-on sceneries one at a time to see how they effect FS9...so far so good..I will let you all know which scenery caused FS9 to crash to my desktop..if any...I'm just happy to be flying again and thanks again to all of you for your help...

Don't forget, you can run scenery outside of FS too. Put a folder in "C", or wherever, and access (add it) from there. This way, if you do have to reinstall, it is independent of the sim. Don

I wanted to add a quick note here even though this thread is a little old now.I was researching the forums today due to several recent FS9 crashes involving various .dll and scenery errors at certain locations. I saw in this thread a couple of people suggesting to delete or rename the FS9.cfg file and letting FS build a new one on re-start. I had never thought about this before.I did this and it worked like charm. Granted, I had to tweak a lot of my settings to get them back to where I had them but my crashes appear to be gone. My framrate improved as well. I add 3rd party scenery all the time and didn't realize how gunked up I had made my scenery files. Thanks for the info...

Start/ Program Files/ Microsoft Games/ Flight Simulator 2004/Trouble shooting/ reset Defaults.Works every time for me.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest magnum_force

>Start/ Program Files/ Microsoft Games/ Flight Simulator>2004/Trouble shooting/ reset Defaults.>>Works every time for me.Hey Dave, what are doing on the English Riviera.? Fishin'.Is it anything like Lake of the Ozarks.?I have heard of the English Riviera, maybe I should google it and find out more about it, although I dont know why I would want to learn of I place I cant afford to go to.Maybe I will visit there for free with my MSFS.

There is a bad texture that got installed somewhere along the way that it doesn't like.I had this happen to me - I viewed the pictures of the textures and said oh wow that looks good - put it into place and FS9 wouldn't load the flight I chose - it just closed and disappeared.Trouble is finding out which texture it is. Try to remember when it started happening and what changes or additions you did shortly before that.It's a start. See if it helps.Thanks.Paul.