Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

Gatekeeper Gate Assignments

Guest KemoF15

Gatekeeper is a nifty little utility but how do you increase the total gates available after loading payware airport scenery? For example, Cloud 9 KDCA has approximately 40 plus gates available but gatekeeper only lists about 12--is there some way to increase the number of gates in gatekeeper?ThanksKemo

For some reason, Gatekeeper doesn't always detect third party scenery and their Afcads. It defaults to the stock Afcad for info if that happens. There are a few posts about this on the FS Build forums, but even though it was supposed to have been fixed in a new release, I still get it from time to time. In which case I just manually edit my flightplan.

Mike...

Kemo,I got Gatekeeper to work on all AFCADs including payware by moving the AFCADs from their folder to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. From my experience, if the AFCADs are in another folder, Gatekeeper won't see them.Eric

Guest fokker70

I did the same thing so that fixes 99% of addon airport issues.

Guest KemoF15

Copy..thanks!Kemo

Guys, why do you feel it is so convenient to use Gatekeeper? Just because you don't need to mess with the gate choice in the UI? Have not used it much enough yet to understand the benefits.Thanks.

Well, personally, I use FS Build, which exports to the PLN format, which I can then load in FS. The drawback is, FS Build can't assign departure gates.But it can launch Gatekeeper automatically after building a flight plan... ;-)If moving Afcads works, fine, but I've not been able to see a pattern in Gatekeeper's occasional reluctance to find the right Afcad. I must say, haven't had it happen recently, perhaps that has to do with flightsim manager and how I used it to re-layer/re-number scenery.cfg. That's where Gatekeeper gets its addon scenery info from, I believe. Anyhoo...

Mike...

Thanks, Mike. Flightsim manager is a great tool even here, in Gatekeeper section. :)