Sign in to follow this  
Guest bossfrog

No anisotropic filtering in FS9 w/Vista?

Guest bossfrog

HP Pavillion dv9000us1.73 Ghz Core Duo2GB DDR2 RAMVista Home PremiumGeforce 7600 GoJust wondering if anyone else is having this issue.I have the newest nvidia drivers installed for my notebook. When I try to turn on anisotropic filtering (16X) I actually see absolutely no difference in FS9 in Vista. On my XP machine, with a 6600GT, AF has a huge effect on visuals, most notably on roads trailing off in the distance. With AF off, they very quickly turn to mush. I can't get this to work with Vista. Anyone have any clues as to the possible issue?

Sorry to bring this thread back, but it does match the problem I'm having.I don't think it's a Vista-specific issue. It may have something to do with drivers instead.I recently replaced my 6800GT with an 8800GTS, complete with the newest WHQL drivers (158.22). Now, Riva Tuner has no effect upon AA OR AF in FS9 (or FSX for that matter). It does, however, still work as expected with other games. This is under XP Pro.Personally, I'm going to try reverting to the old 8-series release drivers (from earlier this year) and see if that helps any.

For those who have an Nvidia card and are trying to get FS9 or X to work with Vista, good luck! Nvidia has yet to release a driver that seems to work well with Vista. The reason FS9 and X (or most other games for that matter) do not work well in Vista is not because of Vista, but because of Nvidia.However, I may have a solution for those who are looking for the Nvidia cards to properly display AA and anisotropic filtering. It worked for me anyways. Just go to www.nhancer.com and download the nhancer utility. Once installed, just pick the Flight Simulator 9 and X profiles and delete them. Then, recreate them making sure that the profile is directed to the FS9.exe. On the right of the interface, you can configure how you would like FS9 to work according to your graphics card. Save your profile, and it should work once you start the sim. Nhancer works with the most updated drivers for Nvidia. So there is no need to rollback drivers or anything. Hope this helps.