Sign in to follow this  
Bina

Microsoft .NET 1.1/2.0/3.0 - Pre-release Compatibility

Hi all,As seen from the subject line, I'd like to get your recommendations on pre-release compatibility of .NET products. I've searched through various forums but couldn't get a reasonable answer. I'm all exhausted now... :(I have both .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed, as required by some FS9 addons such as ActiveSky, Vista OZ (Australia), etc. Now, with the release of .NET 3.0 I'm totally confused. Some advice to uninstall all previous versions of .NET and to fresh-install the latest version (3.0). And some advice to install all releases BUT then uninstall version 1.1 only!? But after uninstall of 1.1 I cannot get Editvoicepack running :( So, what is the correct order OR how should I do with .NET in general??? Are they all stand-alone applications?Thanks and Regards,Rustamhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Guest lmoelleb

The .NET 3.0 installer will automatically install the 2.0 Framework if you do not have it already as .NET 3.0 consist of the 2.0 CLR (runtime) + WPF, WF, WCF, and CardSpace. Basically it adds to 2.0, it does not change or remove anything.While the 2.0 Framework does contain some backwards compatibility that can allow it to run 1.1 applications, it certainly isn't recommended (and for example the EditVoicepack installer won't allow the installation without 1.1 installed).If someone recommends uninstalling previous versions of the Framework when installing 3.0 they simply have no idea what they are talking about - something to take into consideration for any other statement they make. :)I am quite sure you can install in any order you want, but I normally install 1.1, then 3.0.

Lars,Great thanks for your prompt & comprehensive reply!!! I don't think I can get more than that. You saved my time... and nerves, which are more important for me :)I'm just re-formatting my puter and gonna try your advice. Sure, it'll do the trick!Anyway, thanks for everything!

Regards,

Victor Quebec