Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

New KIAD (Dulles Intl) avail just in time for weekend

I am still on the fence. The Simflyers one is pretty dated but I am not yet convinced on getting the Blue Print version. Any other findings from those who bought it?

I have a 3 year old machine...3.2Ghz P4 with a 256MB ATi X850 card and 2G of RAM. I have all FS9 sliders maxed save for terrain mesh at 93%. I had AS6 and Track IR 4 running in background as well as SB3 for online. I have UT USA and GEPro. On approach from the north in the PSS 777LR in VC, I got a few stutters as the scenery initially loaded at the 20nm point. Note I did not get any freezes like happens with Simflyers and Imaginesim's older stuff. Smooth from there on out to touchdown. No stutters while taxing to the gate. This was at night as well. All in all, very well worth the 15 bucks. See my attachment above to see what I am seeing. The pic that Michael has is some sort of error (if he is using FS9 setup, if he is using FSX setup, it may indeed look like that).

Eric 

Hi,I just got done writing to Ignacio from Blue Print. Looks like I'll have to do some testing to find the problem. Well, If I can figure it out I'll let you know.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Well, finally had time to check out my install. And alls well. Looks great, frame rate good 15-19 with all maxed, ie..AS6,AI,FSHotSX,ect...Worth the $15 USD. There is still room for improvement, many buidings missing(edge of photo scenery), but i do have EZ Scenery, and can fix that thru Google Earth.Yes it is high end freeware, hopefully he'll go payware after each product.Keyno

Are they (he) using default runways too?Hmmm....! Even the FS9 version looks like default runway texture.Default runway texture IMO, is not acceptable for a payware. I'd rather have a high resolution airport phototexture with its runway overlaid on the entier airport rather than take the default runway texture.. That too for FS9.As for the price..Fly Tampa's with its awesome aiports is like $5 more than this.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This is my thought, too, Manny. Fly Tampa's airports (excluding St. Maartens - which is tops, with latest technologies) are #1, are equaled only by Flight Scenery's Rhode Island and Portland, and these are closely followed by Cloud9's offerings: all are great payware.I looked at both sets of screenshots and was not overly impressed by the "artificial" graphics quality; the buildings are very "computer-built" - not photo-realistic - like those of FlyTampa or Flight Scenery. These guys are "almost" there (PLEASE don't give up, guys) - it is absolutely GREAT to see someone making some inroads into the many numerous airports that we need - and especially KIAD. I have wanted this one for a long time. Hangar doors go rusty, buildings get weather-worn, grass and weeds grow all over the place. "Clean", "square", "straight" don't last long in the real world.Right now there are only eight or nine payware quality major airports modeled for FS9, and so there is a pretty large market "for the rest of them". I WANT "FlyTampa-quality" Philly, Denver, Kansas City, O'Hare, Toronto Pearson, Champagne, Boeing Field, Van Nuys, Chimo, etc.. I can't be the only one that wants this quality scenery, and so I would urge BluePrint to improve on their artistic skills and keep at it. I won't be buying this version, but I promise I will buy it at FlyScenery quality.Cheers,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yeah..I don't want to discourage them either... I'd like more payware vendors do airport sceneries.But at the same time..we cannot be discouraging to awesome payware vendors like Fly Tampa and Aerosoft and Flight scenery etc by paying almost the same amount for work that is 20% of what these other guys do. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You guys could try out my version located here in the library. I know its not quite up to these standards, but from what I see in the screen shots, for free its at least a god bit better than default. I may try updating it a bit here soon. The west wing of the terminal closest to the old building is just about complete and the new runway looks like its well on its way. I was there the other day.Hornit

Hi;What's the filename, Hornit? I did a fast "KIAD" search under FS2004, Scenery, FS2004 and FS2004,"hornit", but zippo comes up. :-hmmm

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It's "Dulles.zip" in FS2004 Scenery. April 2006 date.CF

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Mucho. . . we shall just go and take a look then!:-wavepj

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Now here is what payware should look like...search for kpln_fs2004.zip here at AVSIM....just came out. And its beautiful!

Hornit:Your KIAD is very good freeware indeed, very good. Thank you for a very nice piece of work. It's my home base and I've waited a LONG time for somebody to do it for FS2004.I do have the Bleuprint KIAD as well. It is pretty decent, but it hits my frames somewhat more than your version. My PC is very highly stressed with a lot of complex add-ons and a room full of FS peripherals. I am still debating what future the B/print version will have on my machine. Yours might reign...!JS

Jim,I know you work for DL and have done CVG freeware which is good stuff. I was wondering, have you given any thought I doing KATL? I know it would be a big task but man, there is really nothing for KATL out for FS9 other than a modified afcad from Dakota Smith that adds the new rwy, William Morgans version is just a killer on framerates and a future version of KATL from another author which adds fictional stuff. We need a good verion of what KATL looks like today and your KIAD/CVG stuff is pretty good. Any chance?

Eric