Sign in to follow this  
lfe

editing ai planes

hello there. i am currently doing a scenery and i have two questions:1.when i test ai, some planes exit at the wrong taxiway causing the flow of traffic to mess up therefore, air planes disappearing.i would like to know if there is a way i can edit the cfg file or any attached file to an ai aircraft so that it stops approximately 1300 meter or further from touchdown. i only have problems with small jets. this is because in real life, even small jets exit at this taxiway or beyond. what is happening is that they exit on a taxiway that is 135 degree from the runway. and they face outgoing traffic on taxiways. 2. is there a way that i could make a taxiway in afcad one-way regardless of weather so that the flow of traffic could be more realistic. i hope anyone can find any solutions.thanks.

Guest wji

Using Lee Swordy's Readme as a guide, edit the AF2 file in AFCAD2.Example:"Additional Final ChecksYou should also manually check for the following problems, which Fault Finder does not test for :Runway links are all black: If you have been working on runway taxi links, make sure the runway links are all black. A black line tells the AI not to use a runway for taxiing, except to enter or exit the runway, or if there is no other route. The black taxi line should run the entire length of the runway, including any overrun areas.Taxiways are all blue: Conversely, make sure all taxiways are blue.Contiguous Taxiways: Use the taxiway designator cycle commands

hi there,thanks for your response.i don't think there is a problem with my afcad.the problem is AI planes stopping at a shorter distance from touchdown. and exit at the first taxiway which unfortunetely exits to the taxiway where departing planes are taxiing towards active runway.even if they stop just a few meters after the taxiway, they make a uturn instead rather than go straight to the next exit.

Guest Ocala 1

lfe.... what airport are you talking about here? Tell us what airport it is so that we can try to duplicate your problem and maybe fix it.Harold

hi, i am doing an afcad for RPLL. i attached a diagram for your reference.we're talking of rwy6-24.on rwy6 being the active :landing planes are supposed to exit at taxiway R1 (the diagonal taxiway ~45Degress from the runway) or E2, E1 & H1. but planes stop short of E4 and some planes make a 135 degree turn to R3. E4 and R3 intersects thus planes going to parking (usually at Terminal 2 and domestic) faces the outgoing traffic (planes taxiing to depart RWY6. the same thing happens if active RWY is 24.planes are supposed to exit at R3 (the diagonal taxiway ~45Degress from the runway) or E4 & H2. but planes stop short of R1 and make a 135 degree turn to R3. there's no problem if they exit E2 because there are plenty of intersecting taxiways for smooth traffic flow.I have made several revisions to he afcad that it now looks like a web structure at the center. but there's always problem with center planes.my only solution, i think is to make ai planes (whether heavy or small or medium)to stop approximately 1300m from touchdown. having flown in this airport since i was a child, the mentioned taxiways are always the taxiways of exit even for small jets.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173209.zip

Hi,Break the taxiway link on taxiway R3. Bring the ends right up next to each other so it appears to be whole. No aircraft will use exit R3 (including when the wind is going the other way) but they will use E3 instead, a reasonable compromise.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

hi, i've done that as well but not all ai has the same landing distance to full stop. RWY24 as active, with the scenery, full stops occur between just before E2 and E4. so that means there are 4 exits (E3 is closed because it's a runway extension). unless i can make all planes fullstop ONLY between R1 and R3.i also have noticed some AIs mak a u-turn for a taxiway 100m behind them even if there is a taxiway exit in front. they can detect any hold short limits and will turn to them even if there are NO connecting nodes. i have attached one example picture. RWY24 being active. the blue area is where planes stop. which is a very long area and covers several exits. you see the plane stopping between E3 and R1. and it turns on the grass area to exit because it detects a hold-short limit at R1.or maybe if there is an adjustment to make the radius of the hold-short limit smaller or bigger that would probably also solve the problem.