Sign in to follow this  
Guest fuel925

Questions from a beginner!

Guest fuel925

Hi all,I recently purchased FS9 and a Saitek Evo joystick. I have started to go through the flying lessons, and I understand pretty much everything except these two things:1) If I nose up, and hold it there (in order to climb), then return the joystick to the centre position, the planes nose drops a lot til it's nose down, then eventually rises, and falls again.. shouldn't it just go back to straight and level?2) If I nose up or down, and press the relevant trim direction 3 times, the nose doesn't stay put, like it should do? I thought the purpose of trim was to hold the plane at the position you point it?Thanks for any help you can possibly give me on this!

Hi,1) That's normal behaviour. Only Airbus will keep the attitude automatically (i.e. fly-by wire)In order to climb you need to keep back pressure on your joystick or use trim to keep it in the desired attitude. Make sure your climb is not too steep, otherwise your airspeed will decrease and results finally in a stall. If you are flying a Cessna, 700/800 per minute is a normal rate of climb, or even better keep you IAS at 80kts during climb. 2)The purpose of trim is to release the pressure of your yoke and indeed to keep the aircraft on a certain attitude or level flight. The amount of trim required depends on several factors:- Weight of the aircraft (and Center Of Gravity)- Airspeed- Air pressure- TempratureSo there's no 'golden' trim setting, but it is a matter of continouesly adjusting untill you have it right. After a while you get a feeling for it and trimming goes easier and faster.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Take a peep at this (detailed) explanation. . . . also - "Welcome" to the club! :-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wave:-wavehttp://www.av8n.com/how/htm/aoa.html:-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.