Sign in to follow this  
Guest edm910

New Cessna 150 by Fravin

I have a love and hate relationship with E6Bs :)anyways, just flew the plane... what a joy! it is a bit too sporty on the FM though.... this plane isn't as maneuverable as it is in the game :)

EDIT, I didn't realize there was an english manual with this plane. All is OK now as I've found it.

Guest neslesman

"One of the first things I do when installing a new aircraft is make sure the aircraft.cfg 'points to' the manufacturer name, and only the manufacturers name."That is great to know, wonderful tip. Just what exact line is it that dictates how things end up in the aircraft "select: menu and can that aircraft config line just be changed arbitrarily without changing something else?

Guest wji

ui_manufacturer=Reims/Cessna Aviation

Guest ThrottleUp

Its a great little plane but perhaps its best feauture is its vibration effect.As the rotorheads mention over on Hovercontrol - this effect REALLY needs to go on a helicopter. Specially the light piston-engined machines like the R22. :)

>ui_manufacturer=Reims/Cessna AviationYep, thats it, just change to:ui_manufacturer=Cessna

These people get the award for best light airplane rudder control on the takeoff roll! At least for the last few years, since FS2002 or CS2 (combat sim).In other words, it's been years since I've downloaded an aircraft that feels like a "constant" force to the left, which I counteract with right pedal. And by "constant", I mean no feel of play or sense of wandering while using right pedal. With too many simulated airplanes these days, you counteract the left drift with right pedal alright, but there is perceived sense of looseness, and the plane might just wander to the left or right slightly with no feel of an actual & continuing force to the left. This plane has a rather light force as a small Cessna would be. Nothing like the RealAir Spit, which takes a good dose of "left" pedal (engine turns the other way), but at least it's a constant force, and feels right! Note: Rudder pedals required for the implied sense of feel! :)And BTW, I like the way the corner post is done. It's not so in your face, as many are. Gives a good view through the front windscreen as well as side windows.L.Adamson

I've been to this site twice looking for this aircraft. Could you please give a little more detailed instructions for finding it at this site. Thanks. jerrycow4

Guest Rockcliffe

Has anyone tried this gem in FSX?

Guest Republic DC-9

Sure have, I've used it exlusively in FSX.It's just the 150 I've been looking for - outstanding model. Reminds me of my Carenado payware planes.There are also a few nice repaints available, hopefully there will be more US-registration repaints coming based on the number of downloads on the repaint kit.I did have a problem with the propeller animation not being visible in FSX (no disc when running) - I replaced the halo_helice texture with one from one of the repaints on this site and it fixed the problem.Kudos to the developers!

Guest weeniemcween

I can't believe this package is freeware. Holland Holland said he is looking forward to the taildragger version. They are coming out with that, too? That would be incredible.