Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

TileProxy now supporting FS 2004 - give it a shot.

Guest cbuchner1

Hi there.I don't usually post here as I am an FSX fetishist - but those who have had an eye on TileProxy for a while might find it interesting that I just added compatibility with FS9 to that project. Tileproxy downloads satellite textures from the Internet "on the fly".Of course the ground textures are limited to 4.75m/pixel due to the FS9 phototerrain engine and are therefore about equivalent in resolution to most of the commercial offerings (minus the custom autogen, minus the water mask, minus the more coherent visual appearance of most commercial products).But the free TileProxy offers something that no CD or DVD can provide: Worldwide coverage (of variable quality however).You can find TileProxy Beta 4 on sourceforge. Search for "TileProxy" on the site www.sourceforge.net. Note that this is a beta release and there may be bugs, especially the FS 2004 support has had limited testing so far. I'd be glad to receive feedback - positive or negative.The installer does not modify your fs9.cfg but adds entries to scenery.cfg. An uninstaller is provided, but has not been thoroughly tested yet.There is a Tileproxy support forum on avsim. Use it for questions/feedback/comments/proposals/screenshots etc.Christian

Great News!Congrats Christian on your project(s)and big thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.10's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Hi Christian! I've been seeing all those wonderful screens shots of TileProxy, and I must say you are definitely an asset to the flight sim community. Thank you for your contribution to FS9, and since I'm not yet able to try FSX, I'm anxious to try this in FS9.:-wave

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest JTEK99

Christian:O M G! That's fantastic!Thanks very , very much for the headsup on this.

Guest hma

Christian,Thank you very much! I could try Tile Proxy for a too short half an hour before going to work but something is wrong with the default directories where the system is installing in. When the installation asks for the directory of fs9, I responded with "e:/fs2004", the installation however creates subdirectory e:/fs2004/Flight Simulator 9/. Next FS9 doesn't find the Tile Proxy sceneries during start up. I moved the directories but I am not sureof the correctness. In any case the world seems to be gray now, something is working already ;)In any case, working hours are going to be very looong today!Thanks again,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

The installer is not smart about the FS9 installation directory. It can detect the FSX directory based on where FSX is actually installed. But the fallback mechanism is rather simple and always goes to C:Program FilesFlight Simulator 9. It's a shortcoming of the Nullsoft Install System and would require extra code to produce a smarter fallback solution.I am not sure why it would have generated a Flight Simulator 9 folder for you. Maybe it did not accept e:/fs2004 for whatever reason. It should really have installed itself into E:/fs2004/Tileproxy and the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder should end up in E:/ (one directory hierarchy higher as the Flight Sim folder)By default, Tileproxy monitors the drive letter that it was installed on. If your Tileproxy Photoreal World folder happens to be on a different drive, you may have to edit the load.bat script (which starts TileProxy) to use SET DRIVE=E: instead of using the same drive that TP itself has been installed on.Anyway, I had to post an updated Beta 4 installer on sourceforge because of a mistake I made during compilation (it would not find Simconnect.dll on startup when you asked the installer to provide TileProxy version for the FSX RTM version).I hope you can get this to work.

Thanks for remembering FS9 users :)Bump!

Hi Christian,IT WORKS !!! I got my most exciting flight since years! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for the most exciting addon! You are a wizard!Hugo

Hey Hugo,Any screenies? ;)Thanks for the great work and for thinking of FS9,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hugo....OK...I downloaded, but met a dead end in how you configure a service. I mean a real service, lol.Do you have to download the service front-end onto your system?Can you possibly post your config file?Also, what service did you hook up with?Thanks in advance.Mitch

No joy...I tried to get it to work with Virtual EarthHere is what I put into my config file:cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.v**tualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=yescolor_level=7bulk_extend=50Didn't work for me, Mitch R.

Guest Henri W

Christian,This is excellent news. I have indeed looking at the wonderful screen shots from FSX made using TileProxy. However, apart from TileProxy I did not see too many reasons to start using FSX instead of FS9. And now we can also enjoy the wonders of TileProxy in FS9.Thanks so much for your hard work.Best regards,Henri

Hi,Here is how I do it:source=G??gle E????# Resolution limiter: 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing.max_lod=14[Google Earth]cache_folder=cache.tilesnetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=1|server=http://kh*.g??gle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"First change the Proxyuser.ini like above (I am using Mozilla Firefox as browser). Next start FS2004 and select an airfield in the mountains (the horizon isn't far in the mountains so less tiles have to be loaded. Once FS2004 is running all textures, except buildings etc. are gray. Now run load.bat (double click) in the TileProxy subdirectory of Fs2004. You can watch now the coloring of the tiles. On my machine a 3 year old 3Ghz machine it is slow process, but if you reset or reload the flight, the progress bar is going slower as before but the tiles are loading faster.Some "screenies", I am not a photographer however. Sion and environment in Switserland:Regards,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

You would normally start TileProxy BEFORE the flight simulator. ;)So you don't start out in a gray goo.You can't go above max_lod=13 with FS9. It just doesn't support anything better than 4.75m/pixel - you'd have to use FSX for that.Anyway, I am glad it works fine for you.

Guest cbuchner1

Consider getting FSX, your flights might get even more exciting.Due to 10m mesh support and 1m/pixel. GRAND CANYON. Woohaa!