Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

TileProxy now supporting FS 2004 - give it a shot.

Guest cbuchner1

Does it say virtualearth.net or v**tualearth.net in your module_config string?Is the entire module_config string in a single line (no word wrap)? Confirm by disabling word wrap in your text editor.

Guest cbuchner1

It's really simple, all it takes is to replace the figurethisoutyourself parts, then both example configurations work as provided. I won't say more.

Hi Christian,First off - thanks for your hard work. I tried TileProxy in FSX and it worked great. Unfortunately my low-end system gives me too many problems in FSX, so FS9 is the only way to go for me, and I'm thrilled you're porting TileProxy over to FS9 as well.Unfortunately, it's not working for me in FS9. I've had to load in the TP World folders manually, which I think I've done correctly. The load.bat window is giving much different info now than it did in FSX. In FSX, I could see TP was contact the server, followed by the OK! message. Now, I'm seldom seeing this in FS9. Please see the attached screenshot for what I'm getting now.When the scenery finishes loading up, I'm getting a mix of what appears to be default water textures and black tiles.Any clue from the screenshot where I can start looking for a solution?Thanks Christian,Charlie

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Sorry about that - here's the screenshot.Charlie

Guest cbuchner1

It seems to have accessed/created about 30000 individual tiles which is good. That means the filesystem filter driver is doing some work.I believe you don't have FDSConnection.dll in your FS9 Modules folder. It is required to send aircraft coordinates to TileProxy. The black tiles could be a result of unknown aircraft coordinates. This results in extremely low res (4x4 pixel) tiles being generated (and very few network accesses).Can you check if TileProxy says "Connected to Flight Simulator 9" when you start FS9? If not, copy FDSConnection.dll from TileProxy's folder to the Modules folder of FS9.My installer should have done that (and in fact I verified that on my machine it does so).Christian

Well I installed TileProxy but after reading the readme it seems my 1.5 mbit DSL and a lowly AMD 3700+ is below the minimum specs so I uninstalled. An interesting idea that is quite likely the future for scenery in FS but not for me until our local telco gets its act together with faster internet access and I upgrade my PC.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest cbuchner1

Not "minimum", but recommended. I've had it running on a Dell with Pentium IV 2.8 GHz with 512MB RAM and a 256MB graphics card. It ran, but with so-so performance.

Christian,Thanks a million! It's working great now! FDSConnection.dll had been installed in the TileProxy folder. I moved it and everything's working great!In addition for coming up with TileProxy in the first place, thanks for the many hours of technical support you've given to the community.My wife and I are flying to Germany for our anniversary this August. I owe you a beer.All the best from above Niagara Falls,Charlie>It seems to have accessed/created about 30000 individual>tiles which is good. That means the filesystem filter driver>is doing some work.>>I believe you don't have FDSConnection.dll in your FS9 Modules>folder. It is required to send aircraft coordinates to>TileProxy. The black tiles could be a result of unknown>aircraft coordinates. This results in extremely low res (4x4>pixel) tiles being generated (and very few network accesses).>>Can you check if TileProxy says "Connected to Flight Simulator>9" when you start FS9? If not, copy FDSConnection.dll from>TileProxy's folder to the Modules folder of FS9.>>My installer should have done that (and in fact I verified>that on my machine it does so).>>Christian>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172824.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

Excellent! I see you got this working fine.Would you be able to find a registry key of the following nameHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0containing the string argument "EXE Path"? Do you know how to use RegEdit to look this up? ;)If you don't have this key (it can get deleted during FSX installation/deinstallation) this is the reason why the TileProxy installer has let you down.Christian

Hi All,well this sounds fascinating.but is this for the users that do not have things such as Ground Environment Pro installed.what would happen if we used this software with GE Pro ?would it do any harm etc.Many thanks.and Nice job.

Guest cbuchner1

Ground environment Pro would just not be visible while using TileProxy (these are just replacements for the standard terrain tiles of FSX).After TileProxy deinstallation (or when disabling TileProxy scenery in the scenery library), Ground Environment Pro should continue to function as before.

Can some of you post a screenshot or some from FS9 with this revolution?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..

OK recommended, but I think I would like to hear from others with similar PC specs to mine (AMD 3700+, 1 gig, 7800GS 256, 1.5 mgbit) on how Tileproxy performs in FS9. I just don't see the point in playing around with this if I don't have the hardware to make it run satisfactorily.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."