Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

TileProxy now supporting FS 2004 - give it a shot.

Guest Mike_Luchia

I am having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to configure a service. Could somebody post their working ProxyUser.ini file for FS9 here and perhaps I can get this working.Thanks, and I can hardly wait, this looks like it is gonna be a winner.

Guest cbuchner1

That's similar to my own specs.Dual Athlon MP 2600+, 2 Gig RAM, 7800 GS, 2 MBit/s.Don't be afraid ;)

Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy forum in the "noncommercial support" group has a lot of posted INI fragments.I'd recommend to NOT replace the entire INI file with what's been posted in the forums, because since the Beta1 a some new configuration options have been added.Look at the subtle differences in the module_config strings and just replace the few missing bits and pieces ;)

Guest Mike_Luchia

I have got an .ini file working, at least it appears to be downloading. After about 120 files are downloaded, then I get this message:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172878.jpgIt is taking a very long time for things to happen. FS is loading and the progress screen gets to 30% then this messages starts.Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks Tom, gonna try it!JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..

Guest cbuchner1

Any virus scanners running on the machine?It doesn't seem to access a lot of tiles .. hmm, should be around 30000 individual accesses... Not... 3 ;-)

Guest Mike_Luchia

virus scanner on or off, same results. Firewall on or off, same results. I suspect there is something blocking this as it doesn't seem to matter how long I leave it running the results are the same. Probably something wrong with my .ini file but without a proper tutorial in how to set up a service, I don't see getting it fixed anytime soon.

Guest cbuchner1

I know about another system where everything looks normal, but it just won't load more than a few textures. I have no idea what's going on. No error messages, no crash.Sorry about that. I guess that's why I'm calling it a Beta version.Christian

Guest hma

Hi,It could be something with the disk space. I had my system running but when I restarted it yesterday it could not run Fs2004 because there was no disk space enough. I erased some files and all was running but it still doesn't load all the tiles to the "horizon". I have to remove an other GB or so.Hugo

Guest Mike_Luchia

I just checked and have 33GB of space left on my disk. Thanks for the suggestion though, they are all appreciated. :)

BIG problem... I didn't realize this doesn't cover night and all that (stupid me) so i'm trying to revert back to the old one.. how do I do that???

Either uninstall to completely get rid of it or swap (don't delete!) your scenery.cfg file with scenery.cfg.tileproxy.bak in your FS9 root directory if you are happy to swap back and forth between the two.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11