Sign in to follow this  
protzler

Reverse Thrust

Hey all,I'm using a Saitek X52, and I was wondering if it were possible to assign the slider on the throttle to the reverse thrust levers, in a fairly simple way. I looked in the FS9 commands, and I didn't see an option for it. Thanks! - Paul

Guest vicrus

It's called "decrease throttle quickly" I think.

HI, not sure, but I don't think you can assign the slider to reverse thrust. It has to be assigned to an axis, so is OK for spoilers etc. If you don't use the scroll wheel on the front of the throttle, here's a way to use that, or the button at the side of the little ministick. Go into C/windows/system32. Look for file SaiDO255.pr0 make a copy and put somewhere safe, then delete SaiD0255.pr0 from system32. Unplug, then plug in your X52. You should now be able to assign those two buttons in the normal way within FS9.Assignments / Engine commands / scroll down to Decrease Throttle Quickly-F2. Click Change Assignment, then press whichever of the two buttons you choose, then click OK. Haha, hope you can follow that.Russell.

Hi again,I just followed your instructions Russell, and deleted the SaiD0255.pr0 after making a safe copy of it, but it did not make any difference to me.I could not use the small button behind the mini-stick, and I could not use the small rotary wheel on front of the throttle.maybe I missed something.FS just did not recognise either of them when trying to assign them for use.Thanks for any ideas on this.

Guest DocW

I think the only way to assign revers thrust to an axis would be via FSUICP (20

Wow! Thanks for all the ideas! I'll give'em a shot as soon as I have a free minute. Thanks again!! :D - Paul

Hi Steve, did you remember to unplug/replug. If so, try this. Remove SaiC0255pr0 as well. Back it up first, in case you want to put it back. After you've removed it, remember to unplug/ replug the X52 again before you try it.Russell.

Steve, I've just reinstalled everything back into System32, unplug/replug X52. Those two buttons then would'nt work. I then removed saiD0522.pr0. Unplugged/replugged, fired up fs9, and the two buttons programmed perfectly. Incidently, the little scroll wheel only acts as a button when you press it down, not as a scroll wheel. It's ages since I first did it, and I removed saiC0255.pr0 by mistake, but did'nt put it back, so thought maybe thats why it did'nt work for you, but it should work by just removing saiD0255.pr0. as long as you then unplug from the computer, then plug it back in. Haha, how many times have I said that now.Hope you get it to work.Russell.