Sign in to follow this  
Guest skhiani

PMDG 737NG & Ultimate Terrain Europe

Guest skhiani

Good Day Avsim Friends,My name is Sanjay Khiani from Jakarta - Indonesia and have been using FS as a hobby since 2003. I need help with an issue that I am currently facing and its a real nuisance one :(Currently installed specs as follows :Intel Pentium Dual Core 3GHz ProcessorECS 945PA MainboardAsus GE Force 7600GT 256MB PCI-Express Graphics (Resolution set to 1280x1024)1.5GHz RAM DDR2 PC5300250GB Harddisk 7200 RPMDVDRW DriveCH Products Yoke & PeddalsSaitek X52 Joystick & ThrottlesSoftware Installation as follows:Windows XP Professional SP2FS 2004 (Resolution set to 1280x1024 with quality set to high. FPS target is 20)VATSIM latest UtilitesIVAO latest UtilitiesGlobalSim latest UtilitiesFSACARS 1.5PMDG 737NG with UpdatesPMDG 747QOTS with updatesSeveral other Aircraft Addons such as FeelThere 737, A320, PSS777, PSS Airbus 320/330/340 and many moreFly Tampa Entire range of SceneriesSeveral freeware sceneries downloaded from AvsimFreeware of Terrain SRTMs downloaded from Avsim LOD7 & LOD9 pertaining to European region.AVG Antivirus (End Task when using FS9)Voice Changer Software (Not Using it at the moment)Servinfo (Use it frequently when using FS)Frame rate target is anything between 15FPS - 20FPSNow the problem starts here:Purchased & Installed Ultimate Terrain Europe (UTE) add-on and during usage the target frame rate goes down to 5-7FPS with aircraft position at the gates and nothing has been done yet. In worst cases after airborne it drops further to 3FPS. UTE Configuration is standard. I read the PDF manual and also the extra tips and tricks to gain frame rates but in-vain.Checked the graphics Card and entire system for overheating effects but result is NIL.I have purchased and downloaded a Perfectdisk Rx Suite software as suggested in the PDF document of UTE, installed, used and corrected problems but still no results on the FPS side.Unchecked the terrain add-on from inside FS2004/FS9 to return back to previous settings and restarted as required by the software but still problem remains related to the Frame rate.Can anyone please help me with this situation? All your help shall be appreciated. Thank you very much.Cheers,Sanjay Khianip.s. Sorry for the long or repeated post.

Guest Van

Hi Sanjay,I have pretty much the same system as you and had the same problem. After trying many things I still coudn't resolve the issue, then I read somewhere that with dual channel memory you should keep the slots paired up accordingly. I originally had 1 gig ram (512x2) and added a 1 gig stick, which left a slot open and thats when the problems started. After removing the 1 gig stick, my problems were resolved. In the end I purchased another 1 gig stick and my sim runs very smooth now. Everything is paired up 2x512 and 2x1024 for 3 gig total. I recommend you try removing the extra 512 stick you have, keeping your slots paired up properly and see if that works. If it does you can always add another 512mb later so your system is 2x512 and 2x512.It's worth a try.Regards,Van

Guest skhiani

Hi Van,Thank you very much for your response and solution cause it has really helped me a lot. I did what you said and the result was tremendous increase in framerate and high quality sceneries are displayed very nicely. However I still need another 1GB of RAM for better framerate increase. Thank you again.Cheers,Sanjay Khiani

Guest Van

Glad I could be of assistance Sanjay,Memory is fairly reasonable these days at least here in Canada. All you need is one more 512mb stick and you will be all set (512x2, 512x2). 2 gig of memory total will be more then enough for you. Thats all I was shooting for when I added the 1 gig stick, but to pair everything up I had no choice but to go with another 1 gig as you do not want to pair up mismatched memory ie; 512 and 1024 side by sideRegards,Van