Sign in to follow this  
matta757

Problem with Real World Weather... please help!

Hey everyone,This is really strange... every time I try to load the real world weather function, it looks like it's loading (you know, the progress bar) but then the game just shuts down. What's even more strange is that this has never happened before AND it started yesterday AND I had used the real world function earlier in the day, then when I tried to use it later it did this funny shut down thing and it is still doing it now. Anyone know what the problem might be? The only change I made to FS was installing the new KMSP scenery, but I don't know how that could mess up the real world weather.Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Matt

Guest Blazer

Hello Matt..Same thing here when using real world weather and as previous posts have indicated. I wouldn't sweat it too much..Real Weather function goes once in a while but usually gets corrected..regards..TH

Guest waynecubitt

I'm so glad your having this problem too.FS2004 also closes down and also says "Access Violation Error" I haven't changed anything in FS2004 so it must be Microsoft's end as Jeppenson's servers seem to be up and running.Regards,Wayne

Guest aa7373

Hi,I'm also having this problem. So this is normal, I have reloaded files from my last backup since I just deleted some unused aircraft and nothing has worked. I was contemplating an uninstall and reinstall FS2004. I'm sure glad I read this post before I did that! Thanks, John

>Hey everyone,>>This is really strange... every time I try to load the real>world weather function, it looks like it's loading (you know,>the progress bar) but then the game just shuts down. Got the same thing here. It started Monday evening, and so far was not corrected as of Tuesday morning. I assume the file that's being downloaded is corrupt, or something else is wrong.- John

Guest justgav

Been happing to me since yesterday. I load the real weather, it seems to download then the programme just quits. I was contemplating an uninstall of FS2004 but read another forum somewhere that it may be the server at Microsoft or jeppeson or somewhere!! I'll hold on for a bit and see what happens - can't even think about doing all those downloads again!Gavin

Let me join the crowd! For no good reason I get a CTD when downloading real world weather as of yesterday (5/29/07). Glad this post was here, I'll hold off on the re-install project...

Guest kickin_chicken

CTD for real world weather FS2004 since Sunday May 27. I'd like to know how I can contact someone to let Microsoft/Jeppesen know that there is an issue. From Microsoft's web site it would cost $35 to open an 'email incident' which I'd rather not do. Any suggestions?

Guest jimmer

hijust to say im joing the club i have the problem since this morning glad to know i am not the only 1 sorry i dont no how to get in contact with microsoft wihout paying the moneythanks in advacne jimmer

Guest stan29

Hi Guys, I also have the dubious honour of being in this club. Ever since 29/05 but I haven't changed a thing in FS9!Regards, Stan HarveyEGPE

Guest Blazer

HI..Real weather is back and working on my system. Did not do anything but wait. Regards..TH

Guest justgav

Great! I've just given it a go and mine is back too! So glad i waited!Gavin

Guest Rob Hirst

This will probably be a stupid question but how do I turn on the real world weather as I don't think I have it activated? (assuming it's something in built in FS2004). If this is an addon feature how do I get it?

>This will probably be a stupid question but how do I turn on>the real world weather as I don't think I have it activated?>(assuming it's something in built in FS2004). If this is an>addon feature how do I get it?Hi Rob,It is built into FS2004. On the menu that you get on the top of the screen in the windowed mode, or when you press the "alt" button on your keyboard in full screen, click on "World" and at the bottom of the drop down menu, click on "Weather". The box that appears has two options for real world weather, one static and one for updates every 15 minutes. Choose the one you prefer and click on "OK". It should download and install the weather.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest Rob Hirst

Great, I'll try this when I gt home, assuming it's still working. I've only had broadband at home for the last two weeks and it didn't occur to me until I read this thread.