Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

I see that Microsoft has not gotten the rain right yet!

OMFG you people are annoying !!!! Ya know, as much as I love FS and aviation, I hope to God I am never involved in a conversation like this, after this post of course. I am constantly amazed by what you people find to ##### about. Get a freaking life.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I love Elrond! :-) Personally I vote for him for speaker of the house. I am not saying that facetiously either. :-wave If everyone would take notice in the way that he takes the time to draft proper responses and speaks only when he knows what he is talking about. The other person I also enjoy seeing drafts from is Mike T. I don't personally know either one but I can tell you that reading over the years they have set the bar time after time.Just my opinion of course! Removing foot from mouth and submitting post.

Guest BrianC

I can't say what it looks like at higher speeds, but at 110 KTS in a 172 it looks not much different than my car windshield does at 75 MPH with the wipers off. Raindrops tend to shatter into many smaller droplets, not make one big splotch like we see in FS. I imagine that effect is greater at higher airspeed.So try turning off your wipers for a few seconds on the highway next time it rains and you'll get some idea.

:-lol!Not a connoisseur or great appreciator of art/graphics, I'd take a wild guess. :-)Thats ok... Each to their own of course! Me? I'll continue to hope for great rain effects. You? I'd guess the erupting volcano in FS's Las Vegas really ticks you off. :-smoochTake care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Wow... Uh, you've got me blushing! :-coolWhile I more than appreciate the kind words and vote of confidence, rest assured I'm an idiot more times than I'd like in my life! :-lolThanks for the compliment!Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Thanks for the great description... I appreciate it, and hope they do exactly as you describe.Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Thanks Brian... Will do that next time I'm in a rain storm. Of course, if I crash and die while transfixed on the study of the pretty raindrops streaking across my windshield, I'll be sure to have my wife forward the funeral costs your way. :-lolTake care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

HiI for one have been fortunate and had a jump seat view in a 757 all through the approach, landing until parking at London Gatwick.As we commenced our descent, we heard over the ATIS that there were a few heavy showers scattered about the region. As we passed through the upper regions of the cumulus cloud, the rain/ice effect on the windshield was AMAZING!....... If you imagine driving a car at about 100mph, with hail hitting the windscreen, think of how noisy it would be; that was exactly how noisy it was then, and the visual effects of the rain/hail was as if the 757 was going through hyperspace (e.g. Star Trek/Star Wars) with all the particles wizzing by. It was an amazing approach. The runway lights were "bleeding" through the clouds, as a blur, but as soon as we were under the cloud base, the last bit of fun was the landing....This flight was during the early hours of morning. For some reason thinking back on it now, braking on the runway at 130kts, less, it feels like your going "REALLY SLOW" being that high off the ground :DHope that all gives you some thought of what of it's like in a cockpit of a fast jet ;)Will

Indeed... It definitely sounds like it was an adrenaline rush.Thank you too for the great description.Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Hi Geofa, "I always thought the streaking rain on fuII/III looked much like the rain does on my car moving at 30 miles an hour-but certainly not at all what rain looks like on a plane moving 150 knots."I agree, even Fu still limited in the sequencing drop speed vs reality, it's look wrong according to the speed. The only good thing is the raindrop texturing. Personally there is much more important feature in flightsim need to be improved a lot before the raindrop on windsheild. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

How the HELL can someone make photos of so many lightings at once. WOW, just amazing. What a darn great reaction he must have.Thanks for the URL!!!Etienne :-wave

Guest Paul_W

>Personally I vote for him for speaker of the house.See? Who needs stars?>If everyone >would take notice in the way that he takes the time to draft >proper responses and speaks only when he knows what he is >talking about.That's right. Then we'd have some pretty decent conversations, and a lot less of that noxious, abrasive, please-just-keep-your-nasty-thoughts-to-yourself stuff that we see in #15 above.Tracking the development of a sim is an interesting business. There's a lot of sentiment in the FS crowd that calling for this, that or the other particular improvement or refinement amounts to unwarranted criticism. When I was following the progress of CFS3 on a different forum there didn't seem to be much of that--but I couldn't count the number of times people felt the need to remind others that the product wasn't yet finished, as if the critiques would inevitably be rendered futile by the inexorable march to gold status.But the LOMAC followers on the Ubi forum are a different lot. You should see some of their perceptive and in-depth comments about what needs to be adjusted or refined in what already looks like (to me at least) it will be the best simulation of flight ever to be published. Of course, I think the developers of that one are true artisans, so it's a good dialog that doesn't get lost in expressions of offence and the like.In FS I want better rain, sharper clouds and improved terrain, and hope it's still possible.