Sign in to follow this  
cujo

Real Weather

Real World WeatherSo why is this not fixed yet, it is part of the fs9 package - we paid our money yeah!!!This caused me a load of grief i.e. reloading fs9 basic deleting recent add-ons etc and I am sure I am not alone.Could have at least give us a warning.This is not the first time and I do not not find this at all acceptable.Anybody agree?

I respectfully disagree. Microsoft could very easily pull the plug on ALL support for FS9 considering that a new version has been released. I doubt this would happen, but it could and they really would have a right to do so.Anyway, RWW is updating on my system. Last night I flew KMSP-KIAD and when arriving in D.C. I checked NOAA and all was right on. The only time I crash is using the FS9 U.I. to update.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

Guest magnum_force

I agree with you all the way. I pulled the plug on Microsoft by not buying the FSX edition of FS.So, they dont have any plugs to pull on me.We paid for the use of downloading real weather, wether it be in Fs2000 or FS2002 Or FS9.It is another example of Microsoft not caring about the customer base.And I assure you, they do not care about any of us, after they steal our money.Gates is so worried about piracy.Funny, that coming from the biggest pirate on earth.No offense to anyone that posted here, my view point only.MS can take a flying dive.FS metar is better anyway. R.M.

Guest Ryan076

>from the EULA you and MS freely entered when you purchased FS>-[blockquote]2. WEATHER DATA. This SOFTWARE PRODUCT may>contain features which allow the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to receive>real time weather data (

Well reading the the small print makes me feel much better - I don't think!RWW is advertised as a selling point when purchasing the product.I could have used FS Metar, if I had KNOWN I was receiving corrupt data, but this time you could actually download RWW. It only CTD when attempting to transfer to fs9. I natural assumed I had a system problem. Wrong! I wonder what other damage these CTD's have done - time will tell.

Guest magnum_force

Hi guys,Thanks for posting the fine print that I never read when I purchased FS all editions except FSX, and I do feel that FSX is a great product also.But, I do have a problem with the "fine print" of the EULA that was quoted here today.It reminds me of a used car dealership we have here in Kansas city that is a total rip-off by the name of Niels auto plaza.For 59.00 down, they will finance anyone. Good or bad credit, but we all know who goes to these kind of places.People who dont qualify for a "real car loan".Well, no offense to to Neil and his auto plaza, but he must have went to school with Gates.They have very similar business practice.Enough said, I think all you folks have a "We finance anyone Auto Plaza" in your hometown, we all know what thats about.After reading the EULA, and I do want to thank the person that posted it, it makes me scared to download the corrupt data from MS even if it did still work.So I will go to a pay weather program, or FS Metar, and MS can lose my money forever, which they accomplished quite sometime ago.It is also quite telling why Micrsoft is attacked by hackers so much.All that said< I do love FS all versions, I do think it is an excellent program.It gives me many hours of enjoyment and I also use and own most MS operating systems.Sad that they at MS have the morals of a "finance plaza" when they could truly be a stand up company that so many of us support with our hard earned money.Thanks R.Martin

Guest PARADISE

Huh? Since when did MS start financing cars? Besides, places like these "finance plazas" you refer to are sometimes the only way people can get into a new/used car. Usually because of financial situations that they got themselves into by not paying their bills on time,...if at all. Sorry, but I couldn't let this one go by since I worked for many years in automobile financing.As to the fine print, you may want to read the fine print of HiFi products, FSMetar and most of all the other add-on companies. They all reserve the right to discontinue their products or support for their products at any time without warning. Companies have to write this into their contracts to protect themselves from lawsuits even after they close their companies for business. I, for one, am gratefull that MS has fixed the problem with RWW in such a timely manner.....of course we don't know if it was their problem to begin with, don't we?John M

Guest magnum_force

>Huh? Since when did MS start financing cars? Besides, places>like these "finance plazas" you refer to are sometimes the>only way people can get into a new/used car. Usually because>of financial situations that they got themselves into by not>paying their bills on time,...if at all. Sorry, but I couldn't>let this one go by since I worked for many years in automobile>financing.>>As to the fine print, you may want to read the fine print of>HiFi products, FSMetar and most of all the other add-on>companies. They all reserve the right to discontinue their>products or support for their products at any time without>warning. Companies have to write this into their contracts to>protect themselves from lawsuits even after they close their>companies for business. >>I, for one, am gratefull that MS has fixed the problem with>RWW in such a timely manner.....of course we don't know if it>was their problem to begin with, don't we?>>John MI did not say anywhere in my last post that Microsoft financed cars, or automobiles of any sort. I was comparing the business practice of the two.No offense, but I have yet to meet an honest car salesman.You may be one, and "one of the few" you would be.I understand that all the fine print has to be underwritten for legalities in EULA, I just dont like the practice of fine print so small you need 100 times optical to read it. This is common practice in all business and it is truly not good business.I have supported Microsoft for many years, I own all the operating systems they have published, except maybe a few games and I do not own FSX or Windows Vista, as of yet.I dont think I have a computer to run either one and I couldnt care less.Windows XP is fine and FS9 is a another great upgrade from FS2002.It is my opinion, to which I am entitled, that Mr. Gates and Microsoft have the scruples of a billy goat.I also know that Mr. Gates is a nice man that does allot of good things for charity.Which of us are perfect.?Yes, and I also understand that there is a need for bad credit car lots. I have found myself in some troubled situations on occasion and even had to resort to one of these places some years ago.I was very thankful that they were there.(until the oil pump went out 350 miles later and left me stranded for three hours waiting for a tow truck.)Nothing quite like a car salesman.

Lol, I agree. While I too understand the legal need for "small print" that doesn

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest deKoven

Sorry, I don't track you. Barring unusual circumstances like server outages (which, by the by, have actually been few and far between) I have had and continue to have, good weather performance. On my machine weather has no problems to speak of. Your machine may differ but that's hardly M$oft's problem. :D

Guest Big Vern

But if RW weather isn't available, it shouldn't crash the game - just pop up and say, "Sorry guys, server down - try later."