Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

iFly 747 autopilot

Has anyone got the autopilot to work in the iFly 747? Seems I am not the only one to have problems (see last line):http://www.racerplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15668'Problems' is an understatement - the autopilot doesn't engage (although the AP lights come on) and unless I pull back quite hard on my joystick the plane goes into a vertical dive.Should I just scrub this a/c or am I missing something? Can't see anything in the manual (again, may be missing something???),Thanks,Martin S.

(Can't seem to get the FMC to help me either - where in the manual should I be looking - assuming I AM missing the point somewhere along the line ?!!).M. :-)

I've now got most of the AP to work - I had installed an improvement/update (so called) from AVSIM, which proved a disaster.However, I still can't get the heading hold to work at all. With or without FD, nothing happens when I activate it. To turn the plane I have to disengage the AP (lots of warning bells!), turn, then switch the AP back on. Not how it's supposed to be.Is there something I am supposed to do with the FMC to enable the Heading Hold? I'm getting a headache from reading it - and still found nothing!Thank you for any help!!Martin

Guest jimmer

hijust to let you know i have the same problem on tryin to get ifly747 to climb it giving me headache aswel as i do what to take it over the atlantic soon but i cant as the aircraft cannot climb i i dont seem to have a problem to hold the aircraft on one heading but does anyone know how to get the airraft to climb all i no on the fmc you have to enter the gross weight and that to get lnav and vnav to workthanks in advance jimmer

Odd. To climb, with AP engaged, you click on the vertical climb rate switch and then move the dial to a plus number, e.g. 2000ft/min. The a/c will level off at the altitude set. This works fine on my 747.Can't get the AP heading hold to do a thing though. The switch lights up but the a/c ignores it. If it were a bug, surely everyone with the iFly 747 would be posting on this subject! So what on earth is the problem?M.

Guest jimmer

hi there againwith my problem i do have the vertical speed on + like 2000 but my aircraft just pitches down and crashes and thats when autopilot is engaged and vertical speed is selected or vnav is engaged anyone no what the problem there is and if anyones knows how to merge the posky 747-400 with ifly panelthanks in advance jimmer

To get this aircraft to turn to your heading you need to press the little sel button in the middle of the heading kbob. You should see it change in the pfd from heading hold to heading select also. Gary

So simple! I had moved the SEL button around but not actually clicked on it - this isn't like any other plane I have in FS.All OK now. Thanks for the information!Martin

Guest jimmer

hi there againum yes i did install the version 2 from avsim but when i go tot the fmc it still says version 1.00 which is the first version out and whatever i seem to do it does not up date thanks in advancejimmer

I meant this:improved_flight_dynamics_ifly_747-400.zipwhich made my plane (and others', from forum posts) completely unflyable. Now I reverted to the iFly original things are fine.M.

Guest jimmer

hi there um i don't think i did install this file into ifly but i have just installed the service packs and that and my aircraft just goes into a steep dive and crashesthanks in advance jimmer

No idea then. I can only suggest you uninstall it all and start again, and don't install any service packs (not sure which you refer to in any case) - just see if it works 'out of the box'

I never was able to make it work. I tried to understand the manual, but I don't know where to start to read it to make the whole thing to work. I know it has all to do with FMC programming, but... is there somewhere a "quick go-through" manual just to have the BASIC autopilot functions working?It's a pity to have such a plane in the hangar and not to be able to make it fly....If you, or someone else, can help I would be very gratefulThanksFrancesco