Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedbirddfw

problems with Mach 1 Design Group Oakland

Guest speedbirddfw

Anyone having problems with the New Oakland International Airport loading. I've tried several times to load fs2004 with the scenery installed and each time it loads to about 50% and then fs crashes to the desktop. I dont understand what is going on. I have Flytampa's SFO installed, but I dont think that should make a difference. Any hints on what I can do?????Thanks Shaz

Guest JTEK99

Shaz:Are you saying FS crashes as it's initially loading? Or are you able to actually get into the sim, but it crashes if you start up at KOAK?I was just about to install KOAK this morning and I saw your post. I'm wondering if you got it all settled. I tried Mach 1's KSJC and it worked quite well.Post back if you have everything fixed and if the problem was KOAK or not.

Guest JTEK99

Guess no one else has tried it yet. :(

Guest speedbirddfw

No resolution. FS is loading up fine. Its when I try to load up Oakland Int., thats when FS starts loading the scenery and then it crashes directly to the desktop. So, I dont know if it interfering with Flytampa SFO or not. Any clues?

Guest JTEK99

Shaz:Sounds like a duplicate AFCAD to me. Do a search for "ScanAFD", download it and run it. My hunch is that, like me, you've tried other KOAK sceneries (or perhaps MegaScenery NorCal which I believe includes an AFCAD for KOAK) and an AFCAD covering Oakland is conflicting with Mach 1's scenery.Give it a shot.

In addition here's my experience:I had installed the scenery to a dummy folder then moved files manually (I avoid installers when possible). I deliberately left out the photo textures just to see if it would work.fs crashed when loading the scenery. Installed the photo textures and it then loaded up ok.Don't know if any of that may help.Just a shot.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Guest M1DG Jaxan

I agree that you should check to see if you have other OAK sceneries/AFCADs installed. The supplied installer does not overwrite any files, they are ALL new, even the ground tiles. If you chose a different folder to have the scenery installed to, make sure the ground textures are in the fs9/scenery/world/texture folder. Another test may be to load up at SFO and fly to OAK and see what happens.

Guest speedbirddfw

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Its working now. It was those textures in the separate folder that were causing the problem. They are in their proper place, and the scenery is working fine. Thank you all. I appreciate it. Shaz