Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Creep during Idle and bouncing plane at start up?

Guest over and out

I have noticed for some time now that many aircraft when loaded to the airport slowly creep forward at engine idle, even with the breaks on. For example, I was setting up the Level D at KSEA at gate 30, engines idling, and the plane kept inching forward as I set up the FMC. I set the breaks, checked the idle etc and it still eventually started rolling.Also I notice that the planes sometimes bounce slightly as they are parked in idle? This has happened with many aircraft and it doesnt happen all the time. Anyone have any thoughts on this. IS this an FS9 bug or tweek I can make in the config?

Guest Rob Hirst

Could I possibly just add something to this question that may be related?Sometimes when I start up a flight the throttles are stuck full forward and movement on the joystick has no effect. Related to the above question or not?Rob

Yep,Same problems here.So, I do not start the first engine until pushback. Use ground power until then.The bounce, I just wait for it to stop ... no solution found yet.>I have noticed for some time now that many aircraft when>loaded to the airport slowly creep forward at engine idle,>even with the breaks on. For example, I was setting up the>Level D at KSEA at gate 30, engines idling, and the plane kept>inching forward as I set up the FMC. I set the breaks, checked>the idle etc and it still eventually started rolling.>>Also I notice that the planes sometimes bounce slightly as>they are parked in idle? >>This has happened with many aircraft and it doesnt happen all>the time. Anyone have any thoughts on this. IS this an FS9 bug>or tweek I can make in the config?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

>For example, I was setting up the>Level D at KSEA at gate 30, engines idling, and the plane kept>inching forward as I set up the FMC. I set the breaks, checked>the idle etc and it still eventually started rolling.>I believe this is a known issue with the LDS 767 - have a look on their support forum for potential fixes. I exclusive fly the LDS767 but never managed to solve the problem. However, as suggested, if you startup after pushback it's not as issue - isn't that SOP in the 767 anyway ?Gary

Guest Adrian Wainer

Even with the joystick throttle control in the fully retarded position, it can happen that engines are set to the flight idle thrust position, if this is the issue causing the aircraft creep whilst braked, hit the keyboard F1 key to retard the throttles to the ground idle position.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest daniel.alm

>>For example, I was setting up the>>Level D at KSEA at gate 30, engines idling, and the plane>kept>>inching forward as I set up the FMC. I set the breaks,>checked>>the idle etc and it still eventually started rolling.>>>>I believe this is a known issue with the LDS 767 - have a look>on their support forum for potential fixes. I exclusive fly>the LDS767 but never managed to solve the problem. However, as>suggested, if you startup after pushback it's not as issue ->isn't that SOP in the 767 anyway ?>>Gary>>I think this is actually a sort of trade-off introduced to cure another FS9 problem. FS9 has a very high ground friction, which makes idle taxing impossible and this is of course very unrealistic. Some smart guy found a solution however and with a small tweak in the airfile any add-on can taxi at idle thrust, the "trade-off" however is a very high fuel comsumption at idle and the creeping with parking brakes on. Normally the creeping only happens when the plane is very light though.As already stated above though, you shouldn't have the engines running at the gate anyway, so just follow the normal procedures and you should be fine.

Guest over and out

Good info, thanks all.