Sign in to follow this  
Guest PARADISE

ATC Climb Clearances Question

Guest PARADISE

Anyone know if there is a .cfg setting that can be changed that would give us a more realistic ATC climb/descent clearance in Fs9? As it is now, ATC will give us a "cleared to climb to" clearance 200' before reaching the last assigned altitude. This is totally unrealistic. In most cases ATC will give a climb/descent clearance 500' to 1000' minumum before reaching your assigned altitude, depending on a/c type and vertical speed.It's not a big deal, since I've found ways to work around it, but I was just wondering if I could make it a little bit more realistic for us.John M

Hi John,I was never able to modify FS9 ATC, so I finally went with Radar Contact. The altitude clearance is much more realistic as are the vectors to ILS intercept. Some folks complained that the earlier versions sounded too "robotic", but the latest update is actually quite good. Frame rate impact is minimal and it's quite easy to import a flight plan from FS9. The only negative I have found is that you no longer that the pink line showing you where to taxi.Dale

Dale

Guest PARADISE

Thanks DaleI've taken a look at that software before....it may be time to 'upgrade' my ATC.I usually ignore ATC instructions while on the ground anyway, so I probably can live without the progressive taxi guide.John M

Give VATSIM.com a try ... real live controllers!Nice flights, anywhere in the world you want to go.>>Anyone know if there is a .cfg setting that can be changed>that would give us a more realistic ATC climb/descent>clearance in Fs9? As it is now, ATC will give us a "cleared to>climb to" clearance 200' before reaching the last assigned>altitude. This is totally unrealistic. In most cases ATC will>give a climb/descent clearance 500' to 1000' minumum before>reaching your assigned altitude, depending on a/c type and>vertical speed.>It's not a big deal, since I've found ways to work around it,>but I was just wondering if I could make it a little bit more>realistic for us.>>John M

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

VATSIM is very cool but scary as s###. I get overwhelmed and embarrassed at my abilities. My palms sweat and I get frustrated at missed approaches that I never miss with the built-in ATC.I don't go there anymore. I practice with the canned ATC for now when I get 5 minutes. I am way far from being professional enough for VATSIM. Only maybe late, late at night and at smaller airports.Don't get me wrong and please don't let me scare ya. The premise is way cool. The folks are great! But the workload takes some getting used to.

>Hi John,>>I was never able to modify FS9 ATC, so I finally went with>Radar Contact. The altitude clearance is much more realistic>as are the vectors to ILS intercept. Some folks complained>that the earlier versions sounded too "robotic", but the>latest update is actually quite good. Frame rate impact is>minimal and it's quite easy to import a flight plan from FS9.>The only negative I have found is that you no longer that the>pink line showing you where to taxi.>>DaleI have thousands and thousands of airlines, does radar contact "speak" each callsign?

Guest Ken_Verga

>VATSIM is very cool but scary as s###. I get overwhelmed and>embarrassed at my abilities. My palms sweat and I get>frustrated at missed approaches that I never miss with the>built-in ATC.>>I don't go there anymore. I practice with the canned ATC for>now when I get 5 minutes. I am way far from being professional>enough for VATSIM. Only maybe late, late at night and at>smaller airports.>>Don't get me wrong and please don't let me scare ya. The>premise is way cool. The folks are great! But the workload>takes some getting used to. >SAme pool as me scared to contact atc on VATSIM. But yes RC is a great program.

Guest Nealoc187

>>Hi John,>>>>I was never able to modify FS9 ATC, so I finally went with>>Radar Contact. The altitude clearance is much more realistic>>as are the vectors to ILS intercept. Some folks complained>>that the earlier versions sounded too "robotic", but the>>latest update is actually quite good. Frame rate impact is>>minimal and it's quite easy to import a flight plan from>FS9.>>The only negative I have found is that you no longer that>the>>pink line showing you where to taxi.>>>>Dale>>I have thousands and thousands of airlines, does radar contact>"speak" each callsign?I just installed my first traffic add on last night and I have Radar Contact and I was hearing Deltas, Uniteds, Americans, general aviation, etc. There are about a million different airline names recorded in Radar Contact 4. I've had Radar Contact for about a week now, maybe 5 days, and I have to say that it has been the single biggest transformation in my sim experience thus far. The only things I miss with RC4 is taxi instructions (it just says 'taxi to runway XX and hold short' without giving any taxiways, so you need to have an airport diagram) and the fact that it doesn't work for VFR, but I don't do much VFR flying anyways since I do plenty of that in real life.I highly recommend RC4 to anyone who wants more realistic ATC, they give better vectors, more realistic procedures, more interactive options (emergencies, diversion to alternate, holds, altitude restrictions, refusal to grant certain requests just like in real life, for instance last night I wanted a flight level change for turbulence and the first time I requested it, the request was denied and they told me to request again in 4 minutes which I did, and they then granted the change.)