Sign in to follow this  
Guest british_1968

FS9 lessons

Guest british_1968

Hi all.I've only had FS9 a couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying it. Mostly.I was doing the Private Pilots checkride and upon landing I was told that I failed it. The problem is that I have no idea as to why!This isn't very helpful at all.So is there any way to find out where I went wrong?Or are there any freeware/payware lessons that give more feedback.I don't know how important these lessons are to making progress in the sim, but I assume they are there for a reason.Please offer what advice you can.Domonic

Guest TomOOO

During the checkride if you get "slowdown/speedup/too high" etcthen you have failed the ride. You have to keep with 10 KAIS, 100feet and 10degrees but you will have read this; getting the warning means you have failed. The thing that caught me out first time is that you have to doturns at a 20 degree bank, and not the 30 degree bank used within thetraining. Second, it incorrectly says bank too shallow when youare banking too steep - something like this anyway - but I remember the warning was the wrong way around.good luck with the check ride. Tom

Guest FSJUNKIE

I happened to see a video file at the OTHER site's file library that might be of some help. It's called fs2004li.zip. In the description the poster also said that he has a mod available to change some of the impossible tolerances FS9 places on passing the flight.As a matter of fact, here's the file description:"FS2004 Lesson Instrument Rating Checkride video. Tips to complete IFR lesson of FS2004. It is rare to find in forums persons that have completed this lesson. In part, it is because of the tolerances that the examiner imposes during the flight, which some are practically impossible to be fulfilled and consequentially you fail in the test. We relaxed a little some of these tolerances, mainly the ones that are related to the time for radio adjustments. With this changes, getting the certificate became a bit easier, but it is still a good challenge. In the annexed video you can observe in a simulation, the main changes made and the tips that are given during the flight. If you would like to install the modified files, request it from garotinho.jfa@gmail.com. By Sergio Valerio Machado." Good luck, (I never completed it myself)Roy