Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

This download rate of about 20 kb/sec is not much fun.

>Time for a new pipe!Yes it is rather slow but is the problem caused by a particularly popular file or files which will ease in due course?

I did get the files without any problems. Just took a few hours.Avsim must have been getting hit pretty hard.

Tell you what. You fork over a couple more thousands dollars a month and we'll be happy to increase the pipe as long as you continue to pay for it. :)

Well,LOL its a bit faster than snail mail and locks out frequently, but I guess we can't complain if its free.Ron

Ron Service

I have heard this complaint often. It is not AVSIM. I have been coming here for years and always get a top notch download speed. It is most likely your ISP. Or something in between. Place the blame where it lies.

>I have heard this complaint often. It is not AVSIM. I have>been coming here for years and always get a top notch download>speed. It is most likely your ISP. Or something in between.>Place the blame where it lies. Well i'm not complaining - it is free. I would just comment that the library does appear to have slowed down recently whilst things I have downloaded from other sites (non FS) have been fine. Again, this is NOT intended to be a complaint.

Things have definitely slowed down substantially. I used to get 256 kbps minimum, but now average 20-50kbps every time and Im on a 6MB broadband service. I'm getting faster download speeds at flightsim.com. which was never the case. But then it is free, so am not complaining.

Fltsim.com is probably faster maybe because this is a better site for more up to date files especially concerning FSX.Never look a gift horse in the mouth. ;-)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

This site has slowed down in only the past couple of weeks. 10 days ago I was averaging between 500kb/sec to 900 kb/sec. Now, 20 to 30. The site is great, and we all have our problems now and then. If you like to see your download speeds go to speakeasy.net/speedtest. On a note, the aircraft files sizes just keep getting bigger and bigger. What happed to the good old days of small files and yet great aircraft. Keep up the good work Avsim and thanks. you are appreciated.

On a note, the aircraft files sizes>just keep getting bigger and bigger. What happed to the good>old days of small files and yet great aircraft.Are you for real?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png