Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Holy Wow and thanks to Justin and FSGenesis

OK,So I am slightly ashamed to admit that it took me all of these years to break down and add mesh to my FS9 experience. I have always added weather, textures, airports, aircraft, utilities such as FS2Crew, FSPassengers, FDC etc... but I never ever added Mesh. I am mostly an IFR guy so I figured how much difference could it really make from FL 350 or above. Well this past week I purchased all of the DVD's got the free Buffer DVD and spent yesterday disabling my PF, using O&O to defrag, installing FSGenesis, using O&O to do a complete/name defrag again after install. (I installed FSGenesis to PSGenesis so that is comes after FS in the defrag,) rebuilt my PF and defragged again.YES, I am OCD :)Well let me tell you, I just did LLBG-LLET and return through the Negev Desert and all of a sudden there is a crater where there should be. The hills of Jordan are alive, the Negev isn't flat! I am absolutely BLOWN away.I just had to take a minute to thank/praise Justin, apologize for taking so long to get on the bandwagon and encourage others to do the same.If you are sticking with FS9 for a while this really transforms it... Over the years I have probably bought every add-on out there LOL but now I find myself using the same scenery and a/c over and over and have basically removed the rest.Now my list of add ons that I would recommend has grown in the past week to include:FSGenesis Global Mesh (finally)Flight Environment Real Environment ProAES---A must havein addition to:Ground EnvironmentUTUSA/UTEurope (not installed)too many issues on my rig...ASV/ASGFDCregistered FSUIPCand of course all of my add on a/c and sceneries I guess the only thing left is really RC4 or Vatsim ;)Thx Justin,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

HelloRC4 will be a revelation for an IFR guy like you.A MUST have addon

Duh! We've all been tellin' you this for years!! :-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol;)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest ThrottleUp

Welcome to the Club of Mesh! Its great isnt it :) I use the freeware FS Genesis for North America and FS Global for the world along with scatters higher-res meshes here and there. It really does make a difference. I remember I took some "before" screenshots and the proof was right there in front of me. Now the Andes dont resemble the English countryside :(

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Visuals done, don't forget Audios.I think you'd feel the same way with sound, so dont forget to add FSHotSFX. Gives sound to the planes flying and landing next to you, in 3D.

"Well let me tell you, I just did LLBG-LLET"Why did you even bother to fly in that #### hole ?

I'm delighted to have just bought a new Galaxy membership at FSGenesis. I've got FS9 covered from pole to pole. In some areas, I think I have eight layers of mesh installed, and it's incredible. A fantastic view from a distance, and a smooth transition of detail all the way to cliffside. I can't imagine flying without it. Worth every penny.In mesh we trust.

>"Well let me tell you, I just did LLBG-LLET">>Why did you even bother to fly in that #### hole ?>What kind of a comment is that???I would love to hear your explanation cordlesspilot!!! Please enlighten me because right now I can not make any sense of what you wrote except for it being a rude pointless and hate filled comment!You have only been a posting member here for a few months and this is the kind of post you contribute? We do not need that in these forums, keep your pointless comments to yourself! Mods, can you please delete that post so that my thank you to Justin does not get hijacked by some noob with nothing valuable to say!What a joke to take a post like this and make a comment like that. Maybe Avsim needs to move to the PSS model of approving every post before it goes public. Some people do not deserve the privilege of posting here...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Mesa

I'm a bit confuded with how Flight Environment, Ground Environment and Real Environment Pro work together. I have FE and GE Pro - doesn't RE Pro cancel it out or do they all work together well??

Guest jgreth123

Yeah I've had a FSGenesis Galaxy account for a long time now :) Mesh, while great, really is one of the easiest things to make money on. Justin grabbed the mass market and I'm sure makes a killing. Building a decent compiler and touching up on a few areas by hand is really not that hard for the money involved.Anyhow, not trying to put Justin down or any mesh compiler out there, just stating that it's a heck of a lot simpler than creating scenery packages ;)

You may want to consider excluding your sceneryworldscenery directory from future "day to day" defrags. If not, you may find defrags taking a VERY long time. Just a suggestion. I too, love the mesh!:-)