Sign in to follow this  
Guest 757Boy

Captain Sim 757

Guest 757Boy

Hey, im about to purchase the captain sim 757...but i was just wondering if people could tell me how the frame rates are on it? are they really slow? because i would like to enjoy flying it if i pay for it...voice your opinions please... thanks

Depends on your system, really... if it's an older rig, it might be a little rough.. but if you have a newer system, it shoudn't be any problem..You might wanna hold off a little bit, though.. they state on their site that they are going to be releasing their Block F package soon (of course they said it was in a "two week beta period" alomist 2 months ago..)There's anther 757 package in development by a group (whose name escapes me at the moment) but it looks promising too!Just some food for thought!Alex

Guest kittie

The Captain Sim 757 does not work very well in FSX! I get like 2 frames and then crash.I'm running an intel Core2 dual 6800extreme with 2 gigs of corsair 8500 ram and a 1 gig 7950 video card.Jason has emailed them and they only responds was that I should update my computer... To what? was my next question.

Hi, 757boy; My only advice would be to suggest you do a thorough search on these forums for "Captain Sim", and then - and only then - make up your mind to purchase from them. There are many, many posts from hundreds of Avsim members over the last few years. You need to read these first.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The blocks were on sale when I bought them and I still regret it. Terrible performance.

Mike...

>The blocks were on sale when I bought them and I still regret it. Terrible performance....Same here!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

>The blocks were on sale when I bought them and I still regret>it. Terrible performance.I get very smooth, super-fluid performance! Guess it just depends on overall system performance...Alex

Guest Ryan076

IMHO stay away from this product. The only redeeming qualities about this product is the VC, Cabin and model provided your computer can even run it smoothly.

Guest kittie

>>The blocks were on sale when I bought them and I still>regret>>it. Terrible performance.>>I get very smooth, super-fluid performance! Guess it just>depends on overall system performance...>>AlexAre you talking about running it in FS9, because yes I can run the CS757 in FS9 no problem. But I can't run it in FSX with their patch. My system is top end, you can't go any higher, so I'm not sure what you mean by over all system performance. I also have 2 RaptorX 150 hard drives in Raid 0 with a 750 watt power supply. Toss in an extra cooling fan and an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Gamer motherboard. The tower alone cost $5000.00 (Can) no monitor, keyboard or mouse. I can run everything else very well. Our simulator is locked at 28fps and very rarely does it dip below 27. In the CS757 we are down to single digit frame rates. I don't think it's our computer.

I don't even use FSX - (well.. I take that back.. the discs make WONDERFUL drinks coasters! :-) )I run the CS 757 in FS9 and it runs extremely well... never had a single problem with it.As for performance in FSX... can't help you there! I have no burning desire to switch from FS9 to FSX for the simple reason that every single add-on I have (several thousand dollars worth) works perfectly in FS9 and from what I read in these forums, very few seem to work in FSX. (or they do work, but with a huge frame hit!)My system is almost exactly the same as yours.Alex