Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob Hirst

Radar Contact 4

Guest Rob Hirst

Hi guys,I've heard many people raving about this addon and am considering getting it. Having read the information on their website I have a couple of further questions.1) Does RC4 interact with AI traffic like the default ATC. I mean do you still hear other traffics transmissions? I have alot of AI and quite like the fact I hear obscur callsigns when flying in new areas.2) Does it work with AI smooth as some of the features of the two seem to overlap3) Have any of you who use this program notice any FPS hits due to RC4. My machine is not the fastest and I've got it to where I'm happy. I don't want to upset the balance if this program ends up robbing 5FPS or so.4) I'm relatively new to simming and would like to improve my skills and understanding. However at the moment I'm still learning. This program isn't too complicated to put a newbee off is it??Thanks in advance

1) Yes, all traffic transmissions are processed through RC4. However, the audio database is not as big as the default FS9 one, so you wont hear every callsign, and every airport readout. Instead they are replaced by the ICAO codes.2) On the RC4 FAQ page it states that it had been tried and tested to work with aismooth. Please note: RC4 doesnt seperate aircraft as you think it would. It placed an A319 two miles ahead of me on finals today!!!!3) No FPS hits for me, running a 3.0Ghz P4 with 1GB ram. On the RC4 website it does mention min. specs, and also it does say if running with onboard soundcard, you can expect stutters in gameplay whilst RC4 loads a WAV file.4) The manual is massive!! You will need to read most of it, but as long as you know roughly how ATC works in real life, you should be fine!! You'll find that its the set up before you even start FS that takes the most work, I recommend you get a decent flightplanner like FSbuild or FSnavigator. Once your in FS, its a very straightforward user interface, a lot like the default ATC window.Hope that answers your questions for you!Sam.

Hi Rob,Radar Contact has it's own forum here at Avsim. You can find the answers to all your questions there. However, I think is does interact with AI, and I think it does fine with AI Smooth, and frame rates are fine on my computer, and it is not too complicated. Also the support is outstanding. Check into their forum and you will get all the answers to your questions.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest Rob Hirst

I must have missed their forum. I shall check it out. Thanks guys.