Sign in to follow this  
MD83

FS2004 is still the main flight simulator?

>Does anybody have a DirectX 10 capable graphics card out there>running FSX in the DX10 version? The graphics are supposed to>look fantastic, if you can get past the slide show frame>rates.>Much of the graphics that I'm getting without DX10, do indeed look fantastic! Hard to explain, but it's much more of a photo-real look with deep textures and a nice sense of depth when flying over varying elevations in topography.I AM a graphics oriented person, which is probably the reason I'm happier than some with Captain Sim. :-hah Captain Sim, along with Carenado, have artists that know how to create aircraft exteriors with incredible "graphics".But back to the subject at hand. I do use FSX with sliders adjusted to get frame rates in the area of 25-32. Sometimes it might dip to the upper teens, but rarely. With these settings, the sense of flight is smooth, and far removed from a "slide show".L.Adamson

>>Do FS9ers go to FSX forums and tell all how great FS9 is?And why do FSuXs come here to defend, isnt this a FS9 forum?Yes this is a dead issue. Lets just flightsim, FSX or FS9.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

And just want to apologize to Bob ahead of time for using his post as an example, it's not just him and I'm sure Bob is a good guy in the real world, so no offense, all in good fun here.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>That is true.>Doesn't change my point.>You want the point? Here it is: Less forum topics in FS9 because we are actually FLYING in FS9 with no problems. Most in FSuX are posting like crazy trying to figure out how to fly in FSuX with the horrid performance. That is the point.

Eric 

I think the point is that fs2004 is still the main sim over here as fsx is the main sim over there. No need to put one down over the other-at least it seems from most. As the point here seems to be the question of starting the same game up over and over again (and I am sure you know what game I refer to)-consider how unecessary it is and where it leads.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guys I asked a question about Photorealistic Chile, whether it's usable in FS9. does anyone wants to take to trouble to answer my question. I emailed the developer but he doesn't reply.Thanks in advance,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I don't intend to upgrade to FSX. My FS9 is so tricked out that I dont see the need. I don't use reflective water, so that nice feature in FSX is meaningless to me. I have a brand new PC with SLI video cards and 4 gig of ram and a top flight CPU, so its not frame rates holding me back. FS9 is still just an awesome sim.At the same time, I also have no intention of switching from XP pro to Vista. I am a very busy person, so if I have something that WORKS and is proven, I'm not changing it out unless theres some strategic reason to do so. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Rayed

>Hi,>>FSX works fine for you, a GA flyer. Try using it (even post>SP1) at a very large addon airport with 100% AI and 100%Quoted for truth. Also, you may try to use FSX on VATSIM if you are into it.. you can't. For many reasons.>The comment about a "better flight model" is not what I meant.> You are talking about the response of the aircraft to the>atmosphere (i.e. "feels more real"). FSX uses the same flight>model as FS9. They might have better modeled the response ofOnly thing which is "improved" in FSX flight model is added camera delay. It's amazing how people fall for cheap tricks.It doesn't matter tho, but I have a little bit of hope that FS 11 won't be such a flop for me as FSX is.

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It isn't a competition-enjoy the sim of your choice!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ye, well said :)

>>Only thing which is "improved" in FSX flight model is added>camera delay. It's amazing how people fall for cheap tricks.>Yes, you're correct of course! :-roll FSX is only an illusion of real flight...Now of course, if the "illusion & fakery" are improved, then so be it! Now, in my own case, since I've flown the Marchetti SF260 in real life, flown the Pitt's in real life, and a whole bunch of other aircraft in real life.....And Rob Young from RealAir Simulations say's that the spinning, slipping, and aerobatic qualities of the FSX Marchetti SF260 are even farther enhanced, thanks to the capabilities of FSX; then excellent! :-hah edit: Did you happen to catch this tidbit of information on the FSX forum?"We all get frustrated at MSFS and add-on products that fail to meet our (sometimes over) expectations. And why not, when you pay half again as much, as you paid, for MSFS, you expect a lot. Below is an email I sent to Rob Young of Real Air. Below it, is his reply. I think the reason for this post will be apparent to anyone who reads both emails. I flew RF4's in the USAF as well as GA aircraft. I have over 2500 hours in real cockpits and the sore butt to prove it. Last night after much thought and consideration I purchased your SF260.To say it succinctly, I was amazed. This aircraft is as close to flying a real airplane as I have seen in MSFS. I was grinning from ear to ear, as I tried turning in slow flight and, every time I would get too slow, she'll buffet. Of course, I had to try and spin her. It has been 15 years since I spun an airplane. Almost got vertigo and was grinning, as she went around and around.Please feel free to use any of this in any advertizing you may do. This air plane as already given me my money's worth."John P. Miguez L.Adamson