Sign in to follow this  
Guest bimmer4011

How to remove Canopy Frame in un-docked views?

Guest bimmer4011

I have 3 monitors, and am running 3 views, two of which are undocked.On the FWD/Left & FWD/Right views you can see part of the cockpit canopy frame, and I want to get rid of them. How can I do that?I've tried the following:- Remove all reference to VCOCKPIT from the Panel.CFG files- Made some of the panel.bmp files totally black (hoping that would translate to being transparent).- Verified undocked views ARE NOT in Virtual Cockpit mode.I'm using a German Alphajet (light attack fighter) and I really need to get rid of the canopy frames. Anyone have other ideas I can try?PS: Also I would like to be able to assign the HUD to an undocked view, is that possible?Thanks in advance!- Ron

It's been a while since I done this non-spanned, but don't you just click on each undocked view and hit W to cycle through cockpit showing or not. It certainly works for the forward view.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest jimcooper1

>I have 3 monitors, and am running 3 views, two of which are>undocked.>On the FWD/Left & FWD/Right views you can see part of the>cockpit canopy frame, and I want to get rid of them. How can>I do that?>>I've tried the following:>- Remove all reference to VCOCKPIT from the Panel.CFG files>- Made some of the panel.bmp files totally black (hoping that>would translate to being transparent).>- Verified undocked views ARE NOT in Virtual Cockpit mode.>>I'm using a German Alphajet (light attack fighter) and I>really need to get rid of the canopy frames. Anyone have>other ideas I can try?>>PS: Also I would like to be able to assign the HUD to an>undocked view, is that possible?>>Thanks in advance!>- RonYou need to define all your Views in the Panel.cfg file otherwise when you select left/right views it will take default views from the VC. This also means you need to create BMPs for those views.A good example of where I've implemented this is in the 'Simshed' Nimrod you can download it from http://www.simshed.co.uk/nimrod.htmlHere is a code sample to give you an idea[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,THROTTLE_PANEL,100,130,VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-1.000, 0.000, 0.000VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=33VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=1.000VIEW_REAR_DIR=2.000, 0.000, 0.000VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=36VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_UP_DIR=-15.000, 0.000, 0.000VIEW_FORWARD_UP_WINDOWS=38//--------------------------------------------------------[Fixed Window30]file=FORWARD_RIGHT.bmp position=7visible=0ident=30render_3d_window=1nomenu=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000//--------------------------------------------------------[Fixed Window31]file=RIGHT.bmp position=7visible=0ident=31render_3d_window=1nomenu=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000//--------------------------------------------------------[Fixed Window32]file=REAR_RIGHT.bmp position=7visible=0ident=32render_3d_window=1nomenu=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000etc etc etcRegardsJim

Guest jimcooper1

I used Square Brackets and forgot they dont show up in these forumsShould read{Fixed Window32}file=REAR_RIGHT.bmp position=7visible=0ident=32render_3d_window=1nomenu=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000etcJim

Guest bimmer4011

Thanks everyone for the feedback.I'll try the "W" command first since that has the least amount of work involved, then I'll move to the window definitions in the panel.cfg and see if that resolves it.Thanks again for your feedback!- Ron