Sign in to follow this  
rvk

Silence is not golden

Hi,Have you noticed with FS9 and FSX many things are said or suggested then silence. For FS9 two examples are Just Flights Mosquito, it

Guest Fortress

I'll turn it around and suggest that the paying public should learn patience and learn from the experience of the early adopters. I can't think of any occassion where I've considered my money wasted ;)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

. . . further - if you had done a search for Captain Sim on this site - you probably would not have bought it in the first place.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,You would be right had it not been for the fact that there were no reviews available at the time.I brought the beast within hours of its release. It looked better than it turned out to be. I was hoping that the "blocks" would come out soon after the first release and no review will know that unless CS had told them, which would have been very unlikely as most payware suppliers avoid that subject totally.

Guest Fortress

>if you had done a search for Captain Sim on this site Exactly my point. CaptSim has had many a slating on this forum and more fool the neophyte who doesn't do his homework.>I brought the beast within hours of its release...early adopter. Never good.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

Someone has to start the ball rolling, if everyone waited for a review there would be little or no payware around and as a result FS would not be a good as it is now.Cheers Ron

I buy Captain Sim for the exterior graphics which are exceptional. And knowing well, that I might not get more. BTW, no problems at all, with downloadsL.Adamson .... C-130 & B-727

Guest wayupthere

*** PURCHASING STEPS ***Step 1: Read and study ALL the comments/review(s) by early adopters about a particular add-on.Step 2: Think if you really want to purchase if there are many negative comments.Step 3: RE-Read and study ALL the comments/review(s) by early adopters about a particular add-on.Step 4: RE-Think if you really want to purchase if there are many negative comments.etc.._________Regarding the following comment from you:>"If companies want the general public to shell out their hard earned cash then they should also learn the art of public relations"Since that, for most companies, with the exception of a few ones doesnt mean anything. The only thing wise enough for YOU the user/buyer is to think and read all the comments made about the particular add-on aka USE YOUR HEAD. Specially here on these forums alone, when you say "I am unlikely to go in Captain Sim

Guest Fortress

>>Someone has to start the ball rolling, if everyone waited for>a review there would be little or no payware around and as a>result FS would not be a good as it is now.>>Cheers RonYes, I agree - someone will always start the ball rolling, but it doesn't have to be you. There are always people that either don't pay attention to forums such as this or can't wait for some unfathomable reason. My point to the cerebral masses is get wise and hold off the purchase until some other fool rushes in.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

"Have you noticed with FS9 and FSX many things are said or suggested then silence. For FS9 two examples are Just Flights Mosquito..."If it was going to be as bad as the Just Flight Lancaster, no wonder they never finished it, they're probably still processing refunds for that piece of trash.*Fair to note, though, as horrid as the Just Flight Lancaster was, Just Flight gave great customer service and I got a refund as promised.

. . .still smarting over that one, eh, C1. . . :-lolIt's a pity the Just Flight model is so poor; rather like their Tiger Moth. I would dearly love to have a Lanc built by one of the known "quality" developers. Can you imagine one at the same level as the MAAM-Sim B25? There are a sufficient number of flying and none-flying examples around the world for the photography, and probably enough simmers to want one. Of course - the effort going into producing a highly detailed replica of any truly Classic aircraft will demand a proportionately realistic price, but, just as with Cadillac cars, there will always be buyers for this caliber of model. There are airliners out there right now that people pay $100 bucks or more for. Anyway, food for thought. . Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.