Sign in to follow this  
Guest 4deucer

Can GE powerplant textures be put on Meljet Boeing 777?

Guest 4deucer

I have a Delta 777-200ER, and it has GE-90 engines.Recently, I tried putting the Delta's GE powerplants on a United Airlines 777-200ER, but they wouldn't seem to successfully replace the Delta's GE powerplant textures.The United's powerplants have blank fans, cones, and no rotating shaft motion (the rest of the plane's textures look fine). I downloaded both the Delta and the United textures from Avsim some time ago and just placed the texture.UAL folder in my Boeing 777-200ER Delta folder, with the appropriate aircraft.cfg modification.If I'm not mistaken, they're both repaints for the excellent Meljet model.Wonder what I've done incorrectly?Clues, suggestions, comments-of-constructive-nature respectfully requested!Thanks!4Deucer

Are you trying to create a United model with GE-90 engines?Unfortunately, you can't just swap the textures... the UAL textures are mapped to the P&W model and given they are different sizes and shapes, they wouldn't work.If you want a UAL 777 with GE-90 engines, you'll most likely have to paint new engine textures yourself using the paintkit.Alex

Guest ThrottleUp

United uses Pratt & Whitney motors on its 777-200ER.See here:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1213114/L/If I understand you correctly - you are trying to overlay *GE* textures onto *P&W* engines.Im *guessing* thats the problem :) For the repaints to work properly you must make sure you have the correct *MODEL*.So for example you know that United uses P&W-powered 777-200ERs so you must first download the Pratt & Whitney PW4000 (112-inch fan) series Paint KitSee here:http://www.meljet.com/flightsim/Boeing777V2/download-772.htmIts best to download ALL the models. Now when you download a repaint check its aircraft.cfg - it will tell you the engine-type, if you are unsure just search on airliners.net. Now just stick the relevant repaint in the correct model folder (In your case download the P&W 777-200ER and stick the texture.UAL folder inside that).Hope that helps!------------>>>>Edit: Bonkster beat me to it :)

I had to re-read the post twice just to make sure I understood what he was trying to do... :-)

Guest ThrottleUp

Hee hee yea me too, at first I thought he wanted to know how to modify the actual model so the United machine could have GE90 engines, then I realized he couldnt get the textures to work.Hopefully we helped him out :)

Guest 4deucer

Sorry for the confusion, fellows. You got it right, though--just wanted to overlay United engine textures on top of the Delta engine textures!Will follow TU's suggest and post back here how it turned out.Thanks a million!!4deucer