Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

new system and FS9 Rocks!

hi allgot a new 6600C2C with a 8800GTS card and fs9 is smooth as butter !in heaving weather and all sliders maxed, except for 3D clouds i am getting 25-35 fps using the PMDG 737 aircaft!with all the problems going on with FSX i am really reluctant to install FSX on my 'virgin' system, :-lol and everything is availabe for FS9 so i dont intend to jump to FSX perhaps in 12 months time i will consider it.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I'd think you'd get better frames than that. My system is an AMD 3200+ 64, 1 GB Ram and a GeForce 6600 128 MB. I have no problem getting 30 FPS in the PMDG aircraft. I have a few sliders down, but not very much , and the 3D clouds rarely give me problems. I'm getting ready to build that same setup as you have and expect much better performance.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>with all the problems going on with FSX i am really reluctant>to install FSX on my 'virgin' system, :-lol >Putting on my FS9 hat...Yes, I had the same experience! FS9 now running from 25-70 fps depending on situation. Went out & bought five new addons just to elevate the experience!Changing to the FSX hat...Don't be afraid............unless you're short of HD space... :-hah L.Adamson

yes sorry i also have to addi havent tweaked anything yetall stock drivers, i.e Bios, GPU, mobo, even directxc isnt the latest, all stock drivers so i need to install the latest drivers for these things,so i may see even more an improvement!will do this on the weekend, no time on weekdays busy with work. :-(

>yes sorry i also have to add>>i havent tweaked anything yet>>all stock drivers, i.e Bios, GPU, mobo, even directxc isnt the>latest, all stock drivers so i need to install the latest>drivers for these things,>>Same here. It's been eight months, and I have not done a single bit of tweaking for FS9 or FSX. No change of drivers or SP-1 either. I guess I'm too unexcited to get excited about tweaking! :7 L.Adamson

i think my tweaking will probably extend to upgrading the GPU drivers and thats it!:(

You turned off autogen in FSX Larry. I'd call that a wee bit of tweaking! :-lol Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

. . . aww, c'mon, Larry! FSX at 3000ft is gotta look like that - with or without autogen: FS9 at the same altitude - albeit with GE Pro, UT and FSG looks very similar. At 200feet - as in your FS9 shot - FSX with autogen beats FS9 hands down for detail and the amount of it. Here's FSX KSEA at circuit height with 100% autogen on: note the frames: my system's not too far from yours. . .http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173367.jpgand here's FS9, nearby area and similar altitude with 100% autogen on:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173368.jpgEither way - for graphics detail, amount, variation, mesh, weather, airports - FSX beats FS9 hands down, and with some tweaking - which everybody HAD to do in the early days of FS9 - and some improvement in our hardware - which everybody HAD to do in the early days of FS9 - we can get some pretty darn good frames: and now SP1 is installed - I get all that was promised, plus a very fluid sim, with much improved reliability. It no longer causes BSoD's, and I don't have to re-activate every for weeks. And now that we're seeing the big guns put out some addons, FS9's days are beginning to look "numbered". Tweaking is good, Donkey!:-lolCheers,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Keyno-onyeK

"Tweaking is good, Donkey!"LOL