Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

FSX LDS 767 !!!! Glad I am here ....

Guest captandy

Well from what I read over at the FSX forum it sounds like a bust to me. LDS better think twice regarding their 757 pkg.I have FSX and installed it pre and post SP1 and both times was uninstalled.I am loving FS9 just added the MD2006. I really hope PMDG and LDS rethink their future products for FS9 as I am staying put.My system is on the upper end and FS9 maxed out flies great.Andy

yea i have to agree! with a powerful system which is getting affordable these days, and a little tweaking FS9 is just **magic** !!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

It sounds like mixed bag; Some okay performance, some bad. I knew this would happen though. Wait until PMDG releases their stuff, :-lol People always bit*h and moan about performance with these 3rd party planes, however, when the sim is new and the computers barely run it, what do you expect? What gets me the most were all the pleas for Level-D to release the 767 for FSX. What the h3ll, you have the FS9 version, why are you in such a hurry to port it over into FSX??????People are doing this with PMDG's 747 as well. Very strange.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The LDS support forums don't seem to be reflecting many complaints so far.

Guest JTEK99

>The LDS support forums don't seem to be reflecting many>complaints so far.Agreed. In point of fact, given the "usual" quantity/volume of FPS-challenged screamers associated with this type of release, I'd say that it's a good sign for Level-D. And it looks as if the support staff is burning the midnight oil in answering questions and helping out with those with legitimate problems.I wish Level-D all the success in the world. Their no-nonsense approach to producing aircraft and supporting them is second-to-none. For those upgrading from the FS9 version, Level-D is charging only US$14.95. Nice price for previous owners. I wonder if PMDG will offer that kind of upgrade price for their 744. :) I heard it will also be 14.95... krugerands, that is. :-roll

FSX has too little headroom for complex addons.

Clearly one has to be procedurally focused to really enjoy complex a/c in FSX, at least for now. It seems the bigger cities/airports are off limits unless stripped down. I'm too spoiled rotten by the sheer density of external candy I can ALSO have in fs9.As I keep saying though, FSX at 8 months is still a long way from mature - a LOT will happen in the next few years - always does. regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

>Well from what I read over at the FSX forum it sounds like a>bust to me. LDS better think twice regarding their 757 pkg.I>have FSX and installed it pre and post SP1 and both times was>uninstalled.I am loving FS9 just added the MD2006. I really>hope PMDG and LDS rethink their future products for FS9 as I>am staying put.My system is on the upper end and FS9 maxed out>flies great.>>AndyWhy should it bother you that they put out FSX stuff?I am glad I now have a nice 767 for FSX. FSX is fantatstic in different weather conditions. With hig res photo scenery and ASX and now with Lvl D 767, in addition to the new SP1, FSX is getting there.... Looking mighty good to me!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest captandy

Well I have to say with all the addons I have for FS9 and how fluid the SIM is FSX does not compare.I have been doing this since the SUB LOGIC ATP days on an IBM PCjr and have had every iteration of MSFS since day 1.So in retrospect I can say that FSX requires way too much overhead as a fn of Hardware, compared to any previous rel.I know FS9 was pushing us hard in the begining but not to the extent FSX is.I for one would love to get into FSX and start building,but FS9 is so sweet in its current state that the incentive is just not there.And I know I am not alone ,so developers should reconsider their business models on upcoming releases.Andy

I'll check out whatever new M.S. flight simulator package comes out. I certainly will, BUT...unlike the past with each new release, I will not be running out to buy it now until perhaps after 6 months so as to keep pulse on the forums and to see if it is boom or bust.FSX was the open palm slap on the blind-trust forehead for me.Until then FS11(?), I am most satisfied with FS9. It screams on my present system.Cheers!Mitch