Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Landing Trim setting?

HiCan anyone help me please.Do you need to set a landing trim and if so where do you get the value from.Many thanksQas.

Guest PARADISE

There are no values for trimming an aircraft. The Elevator trim ( which is the most commonly used trim ) purpose is to help relieve the pressures required of the yoke when trying to hold a certain attitude.....level, climb or descent.Set the attitude by using your yoke, then use the trim until you do not feel the need to hold the yoke anymore to maintain your desired attitude. As your attitude changes you will find that you will also have to adjust the trim accordingly.John M

Many thanks John-I will do as you suggest-lets hope it will improvethe angle of approach.Maybe my landings will become softer.:)

Guest wji

I use number-pad #1 for nose-up and #7 for nose-down trim in FS9.i.e.,Elevator Trim Down Num Pad 7Elevator Trim Up Num Pad 1One is "trimming" the pressure off the yoke so the machine will maintain the desired attitude without any further yoke input. This trim-method will guarantee " . . . my landings will become softer." Hope this helps.